Beginners and Beyond

Respect the distance (Read 323 times)

SRL, wishing you the best.  I will be anxiously awaiting your return.  I hope you feel better soon.

PRs:

5k: 25:05 (Sep 2011)     10k: 51:57 (Aug 2012)     half: 1:56:46 (May 2013)     full: 4:09:46 (Jan 2016)

SRL, enjoy your hiatus. A speedy and complete recovery to you. I'll miss you.

SRL, I've always admired your ability to do so many races in spite of health issues, but most importantly to share that information with others in a meaningful way. You've been great helping refugees get settled in here. You have shared a lot and been a great positive influence. I really hope things go better for you healthwise, and you're back with us. Best wishes for a speedy and complete recovery.

"So many people get stuck in the routine of life that their dreams waste away. This is about living the dream." - Cave Dog

Ask and ye shall receive...Comin right up...

dave- did you use some of that as a carb load for you kick butt HM?

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Better I Leave

dave- did you use some of that as a carb load for you kick butt HM?

Nah...I don't make these too often as they take hours to finish. I usually make them for the holidays so that a lot of folks can enjoy it However, I did enjoy a nice seafood risotto the night before followed by a nice chocolate souffle cake for dessert. Smile

Nah...I don't make these too often as they take hours to finish. I usually make them for the holidays so that a lot of folks can enjoy it However, I did enjoy a nice seafood risotto the night before followed by a nice chocolate souffle cake for dessert. Smile

I didnt picture you as a foodie.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Better I Leave

I didnt picture you as a foodie.

Many don't. A lot of folks don't take me for a computer geek either despite the fact that I'm a Computer Science major and have been in IT since 1985. Big grin

Jess runs for bacon

Dave, I had some insanely good seafood risotto in Italy. Still have dreams about it. I've gotten this boxed risotto that's actually pretty damn good and very easy to make. Can't think of the name though.

Better I Leave

Dave, I had some insanely good seafood risotto in Italy. Still have dreams about it.

Nice...Must've been some damn good risotto if you're still having dreams about it. I love me a good risotto. Can't get it anywhere around here, so I usually make it myself.

cmb4314

Nice...Must've been some damn good risotto if you're still having dreams about it. I love me a good risotto. Can't get it anywhere around here, so I usually make it myself.

People seem to think that risotto is this impossible task - but it's super easy to make at home, and I love doing it.

We had a saffron and scallop risotto out of Michael Symon's cookbook a few weeks ago that was really freaking delicious.  This was perhaps aided by the fact that we threw it together quickly after a long run, so all food tasted a little bit better than normal.  But even on a normal day, it would have been really good Smile

My wildly inconsistent PRs:

5k: 24:36 (10/20/12)  

10k: 52:01 (4/28/12)  

HM: 1:50:09 (10/27/12)

Marathon: 4:19:11 (10/2/2011) 

Better I Leave

People seem to think that risotto is this impossible task - but it's super easy to make at home, and I love doing it.

True dat...I'll often do a "wham, bam" veggie risotto. Brown some arborio rice, throw in some broth, saute onion, garlic, peppers, mushrooms...toss'em in, cover for awhile until tender, throw in some parmesan...viola!