Beginners and Beyond

Wednesday is the new FriDAILIES (Read 36 times)

LRB

It was raining again today. I just couldn't make myself run in it again. Plus I had to go to the office instead of work from home. I got home after 3. Did some more stuff at the house since the sun finally came out.

Tomorrow is just dh and I. We prefer that. We don't do a lot if Thanksgivings out if town.  We will do a small meal later in the day and just hang around. I usually do the Christmas cards, get ready to decorate and wrap stuff.  My shopping is done. I hate crowds plus we have to mail everything to his family and mine.

I work Friday but will be an easy day and I can work from home.

Yeah there is only so much time in the day.  How is Hammy and Quincy?

Docket_Rocket

So, I ran to Pilates, fell on the way, had my class, ran back home and lifted weights.  Did I mention I FELL AGAIN?

Give me one of these....

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

B-Plus

Significant Other (as opposed to DH, I'm not married)... Don't ask me why... I had no idea either before joining the forums...

You're right about being a cultural thing. My own family has never celebrated Thanksgiving. Only my SO's does. But it's not about just eating a turkey with the family. It's about stopping your routine: work, etc... to take the time to get together with those you love (family or friends) and cook and eat together and rejoice in what's good in your life, without any of the religious connotations. It's being grateful to be alive and taking the time to recognize it with the significant people in your life. It has roots in the pioneers days, after the harvests were done (October in Canada and November for the US, because they like to be contrarians ). They would take the time to thank nature for all the good things it had given them.

I ran 8 yesterday and none tonight. And I just asked SO to go get me some donuts, but he refused, calling me crazy. He did agree to get me Lindt chocolate, though.

For the last few years I've associated thanksgiving with marathon weekend. No thanksgiving for me this year!

LRB

But it's not about just eating a turkey with the family. It's about stopping your routine: work, etc... to take the time to get together with those you love (family or friends) and cook and eat together and rejoice in what's good in your life, without any of the religious connotations. It's being grateful to be alive and taking the time to recognize it with the significant people in your life. It has roots in the pioneers days, after the harvests were done (October in Canada and November for the US, because they like to be contrarians ). They would take the time to thank nature for all the good things it had given them.

LRB

Did I mention I FELL AGAIN?

I have dropped my Net Book (a small lap top) on the concrete three times in the past month!  What the hell is going on with us?

B-Plus

I have dropped my Net Book (a small lap top) on the concrete three times in the past month!  What the hell is going on with us?

People still use those?

LRB

People still use those?

No, *I* do.  I actually write quite a bit, and you cannot write on a cell phone.

B-Plus

No, *I* do.  I actually write quite a bit, and you cannot write on a cell phone.

Tru dat.

So, I ran to Pilates, fell on the way, had my class, ran back home and lifted weights.  Did I mention I FELL AGAIN?

I don't recommend that.

Dave