Beginners and Beyond

Chambersburg HM - a RR (Read 59 times)

Amazonian Princess

Fantastic job, Miss Ginny!

I can. I will. I am. 

Very nice job, Ginny.  Hills, snow, traffic, and you still did well even in the midst of marathon training.  Well done.

You Rang?

Congratulations on your AG award.  Good running in such awful conditions.  I agree with LRB.  Go find yourself a flat HM in the fall or spring and go looking for a 1:52:00.

You started with a sub-9:00 and finished with not one but two of them! Shit, find a flat HM and you might knock another 8 minutes off your time!

Rick 

PR: 5k 25:01 (10/15) 10k: 57:44 (7/14) HM: 1:57 (5/15) FM: 4:55 (1/15)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Fantastic race Ginny.  Congrats on big PR and 3rd place.  You really have those hills figured out.  Good luck on the FM.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Awesome job Ginny!!!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

bluerun

Super B****

Great job, and congrats on the AG!  Sub-2:00 is yours for the taking.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

delicate flower

Nice job, Ginny!  Especially since you didn't taper for this.  Solid work.

3rd AG, eh?  Why do I have to continually ask about swag?

<3

GinnyinPA

Turns out there were only 5 in my AG, so not that impressive.  One of the things I like about running in small races is that I can get AG awards.  There aren't that many 55-60 year old women racing in my area.

happylily

Turns out there were only 5 in my AG, so not that impressive.  One of the things I like about running in small races is that I can get AG awards.  There aren't that many 55-60 year old women racing in my area.

Ginny, according to marathonguide, a 2:00:00 HM for a 55 year old woman (I don't know your exact age) is the equivalent of a 1:33 half for a 40 year old man. Not bad, woman!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

outoftheblue

Congrats on a huge PR!  Fantastic time on a tough course.  Be proud of your AG finish too.  Small races in tough conditions sometimes only attract the real hard core runners and are a lot more competitive that the large "fun-run" type of venues.

Life is good.

RabbitChaser

Great job, Ginny! Congrats on running a good race and taking 3rd in your AG! I have no doubt that you'll get a sub-2:00 soon.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Cold, ice, hills and a PR? Impressive. Congratulations. The hills are a whole different beast out in that area from Baltimore.

Apparently there is a half for St Patrick's Day in Hagerstown. My parents just told me about it Sunday, guess it hasn't been heavily advertised.

GinnyinPA

This is the first year they' ve had a half in Hagerstown.  Maybe next year I'll try that one.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Congrats, Ginny!  You did great!   17 degrees, dang!  I think I'll stick with Texas...

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt