Beginners and Beyond

Savannah River Bridge Run RR (Read 236 times)

SheCan

Congratulations!  Glad you enjoyed this race.  It certainly looks like a pretty course.   What a nice story about the girl on crutches--- puts things in perspective for the rest of us! 

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

happylily

Congratulations, Robert! You did great and I'm glad that you were offered a moment to appreciate this lady's determination and courage. You were given two healthy legs and you show your gratitude every time you're out there running. This lady rocks, and so do you! Thanks for the great pics!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Robert31320

Team TJ

Thanks everyone for the comments.  I appreciate your taking the time to read my RR.

Running for TJ because he can't.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Congratulations on a nice run, Robert! That really looks like a great place to run a race. I love going over bridges that are normally packed with cars (the Gate River Run 15K in Jacksonville, FL comes to mind).

Kudos for your appreciation for the girl with crutches. Things like that make us appreciate what we have, as mundane as it sometimes seems to be.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

camille2

Way to go!  Sounds like a nice race. Thanks for posting pics.

Just B.S.

Great job Robert and what a great story.

Congrats!

Docket_Rocket

Great job, Robert. Nice story!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page