Beginners and Beyond

THURSDAILIES (or, Happy Friday Eve!) (Read 64 times)

@runjerseygirl

Big grinWELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD! Big grin

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners from injury, to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours around here.

Do you even run?

@runjerseygirl

Good morning, all.  It's been a hell of a week both at work and at home.  Crazy busy.  I hope this weekend is better.  Anyway, spin class for me today.

And lots of this.

Do you even run?

Sorry about your week Kay, thank goodness for Friday tomorrow.

Im heading to see the personal trainer at 6 then 4 miles after work.

Make it a great day!

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

flarunner

Mornin' Everyone!

Did 6 miles this morning.

Hope everyone has a good day.

LRB

Supp!

Here is a different kind of streak; it has been 14 days on the button since I last rode the treadmill. It is currently pitch black dark, and 22 degrees with a wind chill of 16.  Two weeks ago I would have headed to the treadmill....

That was two weeks ago, vroom-vroom!

BruceD555

KayPS-  Mornin' ... have a good one at spin class today.

Sparker1606- Have a good workout this morning with the trainer and a great run this evening.

flarunner- One of these days I'm going to beat you done with a morning run ... that day is not today.

LRB- Nice streak you have going ... hope it continues. I actually made the decision to run this morning on the TM @ work ... not because of weather or darkness - but because I knew I needed to go easy for this AM's recovery run and I have been unable to run slow outside.

Well, got my morning 6 recovery miles in on the TM at a sedentary pace. The plan actually had me supposed to do 10x100 strides but I'm going to tack them onto the end of this afternoon's 4 recovery miles.

Train smart ... race smarter.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

After my 4.9 miles of hills on Tuesday, I planned for an easy 3 miles yesterday after work, but felt good and the day was so nice - 72 degrees and lots of sunshine, humidity at 23% - that I ended up doing 3.8 miles of trails in my favorite park in San Antonio.  Even got to give treats to a couple of doggies along the way.   Today's plan is for a short loop after work around the University campus, probably do the Diploma Dash 5K route.    Temperature at 4:30 pm (I work 7 am - 4 pm) will be 76 degrees, and there will be more 'abundant sunshine" as the local weather lady put it this morning.

Good luck with the spin class, Kay, sounds like you could use a good workout.   Hope everything at work and home for you calms down.

Hope your PT meeting goes well, Sparker.  Have fun with your miles later.

Congrats on the 6, flarunner.

Congrats on your streak, LRB!

Congrats on your morning 6, Bruce.  Good luck with your recovery miles later.  Two-a-days....you Da Man!  Big grin

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

delicate flower

What do ya say there!  Thursday already?  This week is going by quickly, much to my surprise.  60 minutes/16 miles on the recumbent bike last night.  I pushed it pretty hard on that thing the last two days and my legs are feeling it today.  I missed that feeling.  I'll have at it again today at easy effort.  I've got a PT appointment this afternoon.  Not too many more "milestones" to reach with PT, other than being allowed to bike and run again.  So, it's lost a little of it's excitement, though I still very much look forward to the appointments.

LRB, nice non-treadmill streak!  I think last summer I went something like two months between treadmill runs, which was easily a PB for me.  I didn't try to do that, but things just lined up that way.  I'm going to be limited to only treadmill runs for about a month once I can run again, but I'll take it!  Big grin 

Have a great day, kids!

<3

Ball of Fury

I decided to sub 7.5 easy miles in place of my tempo this morning, since my legs are still a bit dead and my ITB is fairly unhappy...probably should have skipped the entire run, but I just couldn't do it!  It was COLD (feels like 16) this morning and I had on so many layers, I don't think I could have run 8 min/mile anyway.  Worst part was that on mile 3, I was moving around a patch of ice and I stepped an icy mud puddle....cold, wet feet for the rest of the run!  Anyway, 7.5 miles @ 9:58/mile done.  Hopefully, I will be back on track next week!  PT this afternoon.  Have a fabulous Thursday everyone!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Kay sorry your week has been crazy. Enjoy spin class TGITh

Sparker njoy the training and miles

Flarunner nice job getting in the 6

LRB awesome job getting out there in the cold lately!

Bruce slow miss are better than no miles! Your "sedentary" pace is probably faster than my 5K pace anyway lol

Scotty enjoy the run

Baboon have a good PT session sounds like you are recovering nicely

Ami sorry about that ITB Sad

AFM- missed my run due to GI issues. Then ended up calling out of work because of it. Now I feel better so I think I will get my run in after all. Bonus I can wait til it warms up a but as it was a real feel of 21 when I was getting ready to head out before

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Morning all!

Kay, have a good spin class, can we call you Spinderella?

Sparker, enjoy spending all day at work thinking about the run you are going to do after work (you know you will)

Fla, well done as always to get your miles in before most people wake up

LRB, way to show old man winter (who is wearing out his welcome) who's boss

Bruce, glad you got your recovery done right, I agree the one benefit of the TM is you can force yourself to do the pace you want to do.

Scotty, woof woof. Can I have a treat now?

Baboon, sorry I can't think of a recumbent bike without picturing Squidward. If you have kids, ask them & they'll understand.

Ami, way to fight through that run! Oh how I love those cold wet feet.

I got in a quick 3 miles on the treadmill followed by an hour of yoga, before work this morning. What to do the rest of the day now? Oh yeah, work. Tonight will be interesting, DW has Bunco at the house. Not sure if anyone knows what that is, but it is a dozen women getting together ostensibly for an organized game, but really just to drink and gossip and carry on. I need a man cave.

Dave

Good morning, everyone.

Thanks for starting today's thread, Kay. I hope that your week improves.

flarunner, great job having run six miles already.

Rick, may your streak continue.

BruceD555, bravo on the six recovery miles. I hope that this afternoon's run goes well.

scottydawg, have fun on the loop.

Phil, have a great workout. Good luck with PT.

AmiK, sweet easy 7.5.

kristin10185, I hope that your tummy troubles don't return and that your run goes well.

DaveP MI, wonderful work, having already done an hour of yoga and a three-miler.

I feel awesome. I did weights, push-ups, and forty-five minutes on the ArcTrainer, on which I increased the resistance to 55. That makes me happy.

Have a great daySmile

LRB

This just in:

Dogs, whether large or small, charging at me from out of the blue while barking at the top of their lungs, scare the living shit out of me.

That is all.

Ball of Fury

Lol...I was scared to death this morning by a bird, a rabbit, and another runner...I guess I am a chicken!

This just in:

Dogs, whether large or small, charging at me from out of the blue while barking at the top of their lungs, scare the living shit out of me.

That is all.

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Rest day today.  I got up early enough to run and had the gear laid out but decided that I hadn't taken a rest day in a bit and since my hips felt a bit stiff during the meetings yesterday figured rest would do me good.  I sometimes feel guilty for taking rest days.....

Kay sorry you have been so busy.

sparker have a great day with the trainer and the 4

LRB good for you getting out there in the cold.  Dogs do that to me too LRB.  Especially when I don't expect them.  I have an ultrasonic dog thingy now as I've been chased before.  While I also have spray, I'd rather not spray the dog.  And since I've gotten the spray on me before it doesn't make for a pleasant run when your skin is burning a bit.

Bruce nice 6 recovery

Hiya Scotty

AmiK hope the ITB gets better

MTA Bruce from yesterday I usually do double digits.  It is rare that I do not.  I try to stay at the same hotels all the time so I know I can run in a nice area.  This week was a different hotel but had a good spot to run.  I've even hamstered around parking lots as I just prefer to be outside even if it is a small loop.  I don't care for the TM and haven't run on one in years.  I used to all the time but a lot of them turn off at 1 hour and I hate to have to restart them etc.  No way I can get my mileage done in just an hour.  That or the quality of the TM at the hotels is often not so great.  I did hurt my hip a bit on one around 6 years ago doing a 14 mile run and the deck wasn't great so my hip was really sore.  At least being a PT I could treat it and have one of my other therapists manipulate it to make it feel a lot better faster.

Kristin boo to the GI issues.  Glad they resolved

Dave I know what Bunco is but I've never ever played it.

Basya nice work out!

Marjorie