Beginners and Beyond

FFSaturday! (Read 44 times)

RSX

Poutine is nasty. There I said it. Many trips to Canada (2nd generation etc.) but never tried until last month in Halifax with chicken/french fries. Never again.

Cyberic

We even went to the poutine festival FFS.

There are good poutines there at that festival. Some pretty funky. Hope the stomach bug is nothing bad.

Cyberic

Poutine is nasty. There I said it. Many trips to Canada (2nd generation etc.) but never tried until last month in Halifax with chicken/french fries. Never again.

A poutine in Halifax? Really? No wonder it wasn't good. If Damaris doesn't like it, it's fine because I know she had the real thing. But in Halifax I doubt they do it correctly. I lived in Fredericton for four years and that was not poutine. The gravy wasn't right and the cheese wasn't right.

I'm not saying you would find it better, just that I doubt that you had a good poutine.

RSX

A poutine in Halifax? Really? No wonder it wasn't good. If Damaris doesn't like it, it's fine because I know she had the real thing. But in Halifax I doubt they do it correctly. I lived in Fredericton for four years and that was not poutine. The gravy wasn't right and the cheese wasn't right.

I'm not saying you would find it better, just that I doubt that you had a good poutine.

Well it was at a poutine trailer along the water there. My mom was born in Saint John and never noticed it but we typically didn't have fast food there. I went back there same trip and saw Fredericton for the first time as we usually didn't have time. I thought it was great and will make more time for it.