Beginners and Beyond

Sunday Penguins Springing Ahead (Read 20 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Good morning.  Hope no one is oversleeping.  Luckily, we just stayed on eastern time after returning from Florida.  Thought the snow would be gone by now, but there's still a lot on the ground, but its supposed to warm up to 60 tomorrow.

Short run for us today.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I'm tired.

Bike ride tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Crazy week this week with that flippin' colonoscopy being done on Thursday - usually a running day for me.  Threw my whole week off, as I usually run Tues/Thurs/Sat/Sun.   Well, I managed to get a run in on Tuesday, then had 2 days off for the prep and then the colonoscopy.  I slept most of Friday, feeling very lazy, but did finally get out Friday afternoon and got in a 3-mile trail run, which felt pretty good, it helped shake the 'cobwebs' out of my head and body.  Saturday I did my 15th race of the year - https://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/f9ce0e0cac6e496f9b08330c448d03c3/resume#focus - and that turned out fairly well, with a 33-something finish.

I slept in again today - just got up about 20 minutes ago and woke to a miserable looking day of rain, wind, thunder, and some lightning.  Gonna see if it calms down a bit and if so I will go to a nearby local park and try and get a few miles in.  I don't mind running in the rain, but lightning is something else.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Nothing like a colonoscopy for a fast run, Scotty.  Hope it was okay.

hog4life

Morning peeps!

I got got 7 miles last night with Bella, and that was after a 6 mile bike ride with DW. Got some chores to do after church, then maybe a bike ride or easy run with Bella again.

GinnyinPA

Quiet day on the forum.  Everybody must be out enjoying the sunshine.

Jerry - hope your short run ran well.  Are the roads clear enough to run outdoors now?

Damaris - how did your body feel after yesterday's run?  Hope the bike ride went well.

Scotty - hope the thunderstorm went away so you could enjoy a run this afternoon.

Mitch - bike or run?  I know which one Bella prefers, or do you ride with her as well?

AFM:  I had a really good long run today.  I ran a shortened version of the HM course, just to see how I would have done.  Turns out the hills aren't as bad as I remember and Sunday afternoon has very little traffic, so it was more enjoyable in all ways than I expected.  I still think I made the right decision not to race it, but it was nice to see I'm in somewhat better shape than I thought, despite the scarcity of outdoor runs this winter.

Zelanie

Hi everyone.  I am back from my 13 miler, which was tougher than it should have been.  I don't suppose anybody wants to hear me complain about the humidity! Wink  But this was the last week at peak mileage for my  plan, which is a great feeling right about now.   I still have some tough work to do, but it will be on lower mileage.  My LRS finally got in salter caramel GU, and that stuff is tasty!

Ginny- Glad to hear that you had a good run!  Hopefully this is just the start of a great running year for you.

hog4life

Ginny, I will only run with her. I'm afraid she would jump into the bike and cause us to crash. So any bike rides are solo or with DW, and runs could be either solo, group, or with Bella.

I did a 5.3 mile run with Bella while DW biked beside us. YES!!!