Beginners and Beyond

Purple Penguin Monday (Read 16 times)

From the Internet.

OMFG I die. My home district JUST posted a HS biology teacher position. It would likely be more money (public vs charter) and I wouldn't have a commute, which worries me in my old car that I can't afford to replace yet. I could literally walk to and from work if I had to. Problems: I have no idea if they'd be interested in me anyway, and I of course don't want to turn down a job that it seems like I'd love for a job that I may not even have any chance at getting.

And I don't know how jobs work - my mom tells me that based on what I said to the first school, I didn't actually verbally accept the offer anyway so I'm in the clear, and they'll likely give me a couple weeks to go over the letter/benefits and officially accept it.

Docket_Rocket

In reality, lots of people change their minds after an offer has been accepted without any legal repercussions.  I would explore the new opportunity without declining the other and see what you hear before your new job becomes final.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

From the Internet.

In reality, lots of people change their minds after an offer has been accepted without any legal repercussions.  I would explore the new opportunity without declining the other and see what you hear before your new job becomes final.

Yeah that's what I'm going to do - my mom and husband both reassured me that I won't be rushed into the new job, so I submitted all my application materials and cover letter.

And then realized after it was too late to change it that I put the wrong name at the top of the letter. FML.

GinnyinPA

Lauren - congratulations on the job offer and possibility of another.

PAD - did you find any treasure?  Good luck with the group workout.

HopesMom - I hope you got to enjoy the sun today.  Congratulations on the new car.

Jerry - I had a Molly Pitcher Cannonball Kolsch last night that was really good.  I like Kolsches - they're a nice light choice in summer.  I hope you had a good run.

Jill - I hope the back heals before your race.  Does massage help?  Heat?

Bri - nice tempo run.  Have fun with the downhill race. It counts.  Downhill can be as hard on the body as a hillier race.  Train your quads beforehand.

D - nice run on the TM.  Good luck with your trial this week.

AFM:  Beautiful spring day today, sunny and 60.  We drove out to the ski trail loop, which I ran once then headed back to join Jim and Ben and walked back to the car with them.  Then we headed to the state park for a short loop that we hiked together.  I ended up with 4.3 miles running and 7 walking for the day, including our usual neighborhood walks. The run felt really hard, after yesterday's faster paced run but it was such a lovely day, I didn't mind.

PADRunner

PAD - did you find any treasure?  Good luck with the group workout.

3 Miles at the track with the group. I found .26 cents, this may take a while...

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Well, I ran at 9:40 today which would be about 3 minutes total off my January PR of 2:09:38...this is the goal I'm shooting for in September.

My 4 was at 9:48 this morning.  Running twins.

Finally got the results from yesterdays 5K.

OA    91/241

G      44/89   DW 42/145

AG    NA, but pretty sure I was 1/1.

Congrats Lauren.