Beginners and Beyond

Forerunner 620 (Read 54 times)

onemile

That right? Funny, because yesterday I did a really easy run, and the watch gave me a 53 VO2Max score. Today, I was seriously struggling in my last mile repeat and yet, the watch still gives me 53. I thought I would 'gain' a couple of points with this run, but it seems like the algorithm is smarter than that.

But you guys all have had the watch for much longer than me, so... WTF do I know, right?

You will probably gain some points if you repeat the same workout in better weather conditions.  And then once it is summer, your V02max will probably decrease again because your HR will be higher for the same paces because it's really hot out.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

You will probably gain some points if you repeat the same workout in better weather conditions.  And then once it is summer, your V02max will probably decrease again because your HR will be higher for the same paces because it's really hot out.

Yup

same as running in a fatigued state...

Basically anything that makes you work harder at a normally easier pace.

Cyberic

So today I tried to pair via bluetooth my watch with my tablet , a surface Pro 1, which is actually a full PC in the shape of a tablet. They never paired... I mean, there's not much I can do here: they pair or they don't. I'm very happy I went with the 6xx lineup as the WiFi works very good, and I think there is no WiFi in the 2xx lineup, just bluetooth.

onemile

So today I tried to pair via bluetooth my watch with my tablet , a surface Pro 1, which is actually a full PC in the shape of a tablet. They never paired... I mean, there's not much I can do here: they pair or they don't. I'm very happy I went with the 6xx lineup as the WiFi works very good, and I think there is no WiFi in the 2xx lineup, just bluetooth.

You downloaded the Connect App and went in and made sure that pairing was turned on on the watch and then tried to pair from the app?

Mine is finicky sometimes.

LRB

I have a Surface 3 but have never tried to pair it with my watch (I use my cell phone instead), but if I were to try it, I believe I would need to download the Garmin app to the tablet, not use Garmin Express.

Cyberic

You downloaded the Connect App and went in and made sure that pairing was turned on on the watch and then tried to pair from the app?

Mine is finicky sometimes.

No, I have Garmin Express on my PC.  Garmin connect?? I thought that was a Web page.

Cyberic

So I downloaded the app from the store. Connected to my account, tried to connect, chose Forerunner, but the 620 is not listed... Maybe it only works with an actual phone?

FTS. I spent enough time on this stupid feature. I'll try again with my phone once I buy it (forgot my other phone in the plane when flying back from Seattle )