Beginners and Beyond

Most seem to use Camelbak, but I was wondering... (Read 384 times)

CClay

Better than all of you

Are you going out on a safari?

Anomalous

Are you going out on a safari?

Yep! Care to join me? Roll eyes

Half Fanatic  #3091  ~   Marathon debut: 11/16/13 Anthem Richmond Marathon

"Run from what’s comfortable. Forget safety. Live where you fear to live. Destroy your reputation. Be notorious." - Rumi

RabbitChaser

I've never heard of the brand. I do like the Nathan packs. Like Mandy, I find the most useful thing of a pack is pockets on the front. Personally, I prefer to have pockets on the shoulder straps, not just on the waist strap. I have far too many packs in my collection.

notimeforthat

I have a women's specific cambelbak but I only use it when I mtn. bike. It's too dangerous for me to be on trails riding and try to get a bottle out of a cage. Hell, I can barely stay upright clipped in on a mtn. bike as it is.

I have tried trail running with it, but I would rather carry a handheld. I do have a belt, but that is like running with an extra butt.

YAYpril - B-Plus

Anomalous

Yeah, I can't get with the kind that go around your waist. I wanted something to keep extra fuel in when I start using the trails this summer for marathon training. Some of the paths are miles long and I'll be too far away from my car at times. I just want to be prepared and a pack sounds like a great idea. If it doesn't work for running, I can always use it for hiking. I do that too sometimes.

This is the one I have: http://www.runningwarehouse.com/descpage-NIRV.html

Thanks, April! Smile

Half Fanatic  #3091  ~   Marathon debut: 11/16/13 Anthem Richmond Marathon

"Run from what’s comfortable. Forget safety. Live where you fear to live. Destroy your reputation. Be notorious." - Rumi

Will run for scenery.

I bought an REI hydration pack and a bladder to go with it.  The hose annoyed the crap out of me and the bladder + hose is pretty heavy.  So I ditched them and just use a Gatorade bottle instead.

The pack itself is handy for trail running, and I never notice rhat it's there.  It is just (barely) big enough for snacks, bare essentials (TP, iodine tablets, map, mini-flashlight) and rain/cold weather gear.  I must say that for racing it would be very very nice to have pockets/bottles up front where you can get at them in a hurry, but for training/fun runs I don't mind a little extra delay.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!