Beginners and Beyond

It's hot out there, Friday penguins! (Read 29 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

Agreed.  We waited too long with Hope, and it was way too hard on her.  Us too.

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

From the Internet.

Thanks Zel and HsM. I'm sitting on the floor in my living room again today trying to spend time with her while I get some work done, she took a bath next to me and watching her try to catch her breath after that was painful. Reinforcement that I'm doing the best thing I can for her at this point.

Zelanie

Hugs, Lauren.

Our vet called and Mia had to go to the University vet. She does have grass up her nose, and it's too far back for them to get at the regular vet. So I went and brought her over. She is still sedated from this morning so I had to carry her, then she just plopped down on the floor at OSU.

She will probably be home tonight, but if her nose starts bleeding too badly, thay will have to keep her.

Docket_Rocket

Awww, poor babies!

Lauren, hugs.  I really think you'll know when it's time.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

From the Internet.

Awww, poor babies!

Lauren, hugs.  I really think you'll know when it's time.

Spending so much time with her today has helped me feel better about it, to be honest. I'm super sad but sure that this is the right thing to do now. She has been staying close by all day but has been really quiet, and she looks like she's struggling big time.

Robert31320

Team TJ

Sure hate that you and the kitty are having to go through this, Lauren.  It certainly sounds like you have decided the best for her.

Running for TJ because he can't.

tracilynn

Hugs lauren. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow. 

~~~~~~~

Traci

Amazonian Princess

(((Lauren)))

I can. I will. I am. 

GinnyinPA

I'm sorry Lauren.  I know it's hard, but necessary.

Z - I'm sorry about poor Zoe too.  I hope she was able to go home with you.

I ended up with 9 on the TM.  The time off helped my hamstrings, but not the lungs evidently.

Docket_Rocket

5 on the TM done.  I really like how inside I don't end up with my lungs tired and crying for oxygen, like I do outside.  I really think the TM will keep my lungs somewhat safe for the rest of the year.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

Damaris - I definitely understand that.  This morning I woke up fine, but as soon as we went outside to walk the dog and I got hit by the combination of humidity and pollen, I felt everything close up and started struggling to breathe. I honestly don't know how you can race with the breathing issues you've had.  It's hard enough just running easy right now.

Docket_Rocket

Awww, thanks.  I feel like the older I get the less tolerant to the weather I get. Either that or global warming is accelerating down here.  I used to run in feels like 98F before and it never felt as bad as feels like 92F feels now.  Glad to hear your hamstring is feeling better.

Damaris

Fundraising Page