Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES (Read 31 times)

LRB

The 5k I did Saturday night used to use a slightly different course. It went by what was referred to as a duck pond, but was really a nasty large drainage area. The geese liked it though. Some of the volunteers were tasked with keeping the geese away from the runners, since the geese tended to stand on the path.

That reminds me of a near catastrophe I saw on the freeway entrance ramp today, when a "momma" goose lead her baby geese across the damn thing right in the middle of traffic. Can you say CRINGE, ugh! They made it though. Fucking idiots. lol

Docket_Rocket

OMG, that video is nervewracking!!!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Ended up with 1 mile to Orange Theory (93F at 7pm so nothing too hot), and 1.30 back (92F, FTS by then).  Ended up with 2.70 miles at OTF of mostly fast intervals (lots of 1 minute @ Push pace - MP) followed by 30-45 seconds all out (5K), incline varied from 1% to 8% so not technically a hill workout.  That was tough!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page