Beginners and Beyond

What is wrong with going both ways. (Read 441 times)

tom1961

Old , Ugly and slow

First this is not a troll thread.

1.I have only been on rw since July.

2. I like it here and I  am going to stay.

3. I do not see what is wrong about posting both places.

4. RW is a mess right now but i will still post their unless it is never fixed.

5. RW is free and so I don't understand why people should be attacked for staying on both

6. I have never attacked anyone and will not in the future.

first race sept 1977 last race sept 2007

2019  goals   1000  miles  , 190 pounds , deadlift 400 touch my toes

Nevrgivup

Quoted from another post I posted in today. 

"Seriously who cares? People need to stop comparing. It gets tiring. I'm starting to like it here and who cares who's staying or leaving. Its called choice. Who says you can't double dip? If you do though, don't talk shit about one side or the other."

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

tom1961

Old , Ugly and slow

That is my point.

first race sept 1977 last race sept 2007

2019  goals   1000  miles  , 190 pounds , deadlift 400 touch my toes

SheCan

What is wrong with going both ways.

Nuttin', do it!   If it makes you happy!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

LRB

I for one have made no declaration one way or another, but ultimately it's a free country, so we are free to do whatever we want.

Sure, there have been a few bumps, but I like this place.  It feels just about right, like an 11 mile MLR during marathon training, or that feeling I get when I see the finish line at the end of a 5k, and I crank that shit up.

Regardless of who stays, who goes, or who posts on both.  This site is here to stay, and we are better for it.

Docket_Rocket

I'll be going both ways too.   

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

xor

FWIW, which is really not much, the LNO folks moved in quietly and there has been absolutely zero drama and culture clash.  None.

Part of the reason was because you guys served as the Airborne, I guess.  And part of it was... well... um... ah, nevermind.  Well, some of you are a sensitive bunch and didn't quite understand that plopping down in the sleepy town square with your marching band might elicit some feedback. But honestly, I think the town has been nice.  Even gave you a nice free house with only two rules: 1) keep the drama in here and 2) no personal attacks.  And all is fine.

It's just a website.  A darned nice one.  No one signed a noncompete agreement when they started posting here or there.  Do as you please.

Grab a brew.  Don't cost nothin.

Gonna be alright.

happylily

I wasn't sure I could handle two at a time, but now I'm thinking, why not? I'm still very agile with my hands and I can cover both areas as needed. Big grin

There really is no shame in going from one place to another. There are always new people on RWBF asking questions, and sometimes, by some miracle, I actually have an answer for them which doesn't sound too stupid, and I like helping, just like I was helped 5 years ago. Nothing wrong with that...

But with all the technical problems recently, I have little patience with the site. Nothing to do with the people who stayed behind. I hope things get fixed soon. I still use some of the tools there, so I check the forums regularly (but without posting too much for now). 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

xor

Incidentally, if you encounter a post from me there where I'm poking them for their problems, don't take that personally.  They have handled it really poorly... and this is coming from someone who made a career out of online software service release management.

If you encounter a post from me there telling about this place, well, that's just because a lot of you are here.

Notice I will mention that place here as well.  And listen!  R W O L. Did you hear thunder?  No?  Me neither.

lily's right... there are new people that will float in over there.  It's Runners World, the magazine equivalent of "I'm Rick James, bitch!".  They will always get traffic from new runners.  That's cool.  And they have questions.  We have answers.

It is, however, also why Rodale has treated you shabbily for years.  Because they can.  You guys come over here, there will be more new folks who fill it up.  You are a commodity of eyeballs to look at ads.  They have shown that over and over again.  Yeah, there are ads on RA too. But they are mostly not annoying and the site is here by runners for runners.

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

lily's right... there are new people that will float in over there.  It's Runners World, the magazine equivalent of "I'm Rick James, bitch!".

LOL........ Now that's some funny sh't.  Cool

Randy

Anomalous

Thought this was about something else...

Highly disapointed Disapprove

Half Fanatic  #3091  ~   Marathon debut: 11/16/13 Anthem Richmond Marathon

"Run from what’s comfortable. Forget safety. Live where you fear to live. Destroy your reputation. Be notorious." - Rumi

Meat Wagon

Puker

I wasn't sure I could handle two at a time, but now I'm thinking, why not? I'm still very agile with my hands and I can cover both areas as needed. Big grin

Pure gold.

Feel sick and dirty, more dead than alive.

Wandering Wally

Nothing wrong with posting in both places. I belong to lots of online communities. I post more in some than others but enjoy them all. Do what you want. As for me, I think I'll grab a beer, kick up my feet and chillax.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

LRB

Nothing wrong with posting in both places. I belong to lots of online communities. I post more in some than others but enjoy them all. Do what you want. As for me, I think I'll grab a beer, kick up my feet and chillax.

Chillax?  Is that like relout?  Smile

Love the Half

I'll be going both ways too.   

Pictures or it didn't happen.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).