Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES - Use it or lose it. (Read 33 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Docket...hope you make it to the 7. IDGAF because it's your birthday?

IDGAF because they keep raising issues that I don't care and don't give a fuck about (and have no bearing on what we have to do).

Damaris

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Fred, yep, most are 4800m, that one is 6000 and there is one at 5000m, IIRC.

And yeah, it's very often like that. But since I write my own workouts as I go along, this one could have been a 6x1200 if I would have had a more positive mind set Smile

When I'm sitting on the couch, looking at the plan in the book, the lack of a closing 400m does offend my sense of symmetry.  When I'm on the track having done the 6,000 meters of hard running, I find symmetry is very overrated and I'm just fine doing the workout as written.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
      10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

Runshortii

Nice. Is that half marathon pace?

Yeah right around there. Although she’s talked about trying for a 1:35:00. I’m racing Lake Country in a few weeks so we’ll see where I’m at. My PR is a 1:36:23 or something like that

KCRuns

Good morning!  I'm seeing some very nice workouts already done today!  Nice job!!

Run commute.  I ran 7.5 easy.  The first 30 minutes were terrible, I just couldn't get comfortable, but after that I seemed to find my rhythm and it ended up being a good run.

In that first 30 minutes, I also forgot to pause my watch a couple of times when I stopped to take a picture of the sunrise.  It was unusual this morning, kind of hazy out and ball of red, not too bright, but sure was pretty.

GinnyinPA

When I'm sitting on the couch, looking at the plan in the book, the lack of a closing 400m does offend my sense of symmetry.  When I'm on the track having done the 6,000 meters of hard running, I find symmetry is very overrated and I'm just fine doing the workout as written.

Funny. Do you do these at 5k pace?

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Funny. Do you do these at 5k pace?

A bit slower.  5k pace for me is 8:00.  Using my 5k and 10k paces in the book's tables gives me an 8:16 pace for the track work (my 10k is about an 8:40).  Even if I used just my 5k pace, the plan would have me running the track work a little slower than 8:00.

delicate flower

Baboon - Nice swim.  They're training you how to sexually harass people?  ;-)

Nice cans, Fred.

<3

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

IDGAF because they keep raising issues that I don't care and don't give a fuck about (and have no bearing on what we have to do).

I figured...but you made me sing the song Smile

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Me thinks Docket couldn't find a 29 mile race for her B-Day. 

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Me thinks Docket couldn't find a 29 mile race for her B-Day. 

LOL.  Any birthday run will be of ultra distance, no matter the song.

Damaris

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

LOL.  Any birthday run will be of ultra distance, no matter the song.

I'd have to measure my birthday race in hectometers.

Half Crazy K 2.0

4.9 miles. It rained early on, then was just a sauna.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ran my 7 earlier since court ended up in time.  And Pilates.

Damaris

GinnyinPA

6.1 miles. It was cooler and less humid than usual, a brief respite before the coming midweek warmup, so very welcome.

RunningOnSand

9miles w/ 12x400s. Completed most at 1:45, or ~7:03 pace. Was feeling like a boss til I looked back on my training log and found I did a 10x400 workout a few months back at a 6:58 pace. Fuuuuuuuck.

ETA and then I realized I can’t add, and I did 8, not 9 miles.