Beginners and Beyond

Grand Baby #4 On The Way!! (Read 51 times)

hog4life

I got a really big surprise on Friday night before the fireworks started. I posted this in one of my secrete running groups on FB, so just copy and pasted here. My youngest son is going to be a daddy!!

Post from Friday;

I was told tonight (Friday) by my wife that I could NOT go running because I had company coming. WTF, it was just my kids. Our youngest son's birthday is tomorrow (July 5), he'll be 27, so he wanted to pop fireworks like he usually does ( the oldest and his family were over too). After being ticked off, the surprise was on me. I'm gonna be a papaw again!!!! My baby is going to have a baby. He said, " I got this pops"!

Post from today; here's how he "told me";

Okay, here's how it happened, bear with me. This was Friday night before the fire works popping began, and his birthday was Sat. I was the LAST one to know, so they thought of a fun way to "tell" me. My oldest, DIL, and 3 grandsons came over for a visit, just visiting, talking loud, eating my groceries, .....just normal stuff, and waiting till dark to shoot fireworks. Then my youngest showed up with his GF. He was carrying one of my beers, and had a little gift bag that was taped closed. He said, well, since I can't be with you tomorrow on my birthday, I thought I'd get you a little gift. So he hands me the gift bag and says open it. Now, everybody is anxiously standing around watching papaw open this bag. Oldest son has the GoPro taking pics every couple of seconds. I don't have my reading glasses on, so I can't see worth a darn, living room is kind of dark. Out of the gift bag I pull a babies plastic keys rattle and a pair of little tiny shoes. I don't have a damned clue yet and have this gosh awful look of being really confused. I'm like WTF. Then my son hands me the beer he was holding and it has something taped to the bottle, it's a home pregnancy test stick. I still can't see what it is, so I'm like what's all this for? He said, "Dad we're having a baby". My chin hit the floor, I almost started crying, and everyone was laughing at me. I'm so happy for them and am getting excited about having another newborn around. I can't wait. I'm very certain the look on my face was "priceless" to them.

Can't wait to see the pics of my jaw hitting the floor. Yay for being a papaw again. Already have 3 boys, a little girl would be nice, but he want a boy.

Mitch

Zelanie

Oh wow, Mitch, that's fantastic news!  Your family sounds so fantastically sweet and close, how wonderful that you are going to be welcoming another little one!

Docket_Rocket

Congratulations!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Congrats!!!!

You should always carry your reading glasses with you lol.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Wow congrats

bluerun

Super B****

Very cool, congrats

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

happylily

Oh, Mitch, congratulations! I'm so happy for you and your family! But what was taped on the bottle, did I miss that? I'm laughing at what must have been the look on your face...  I wish you a little girl, but if it's a boy, it's just as wonderful. Your own liittle tribe of warriors in your family.  Show us the pic when you get it, ok?

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

hog4life

Oh, Mitch, congratulations! I'm so happy for you and your family! But what was taped on the bottle, did I miss that? I'm laughing at what must have been the look on your face...  I wish you a little girl, but if it's a boy, it's just as wonderful. Your own liittle tribe of warriors in your family.  Show us the pic when you get it, ok?

Oh gosh, Lily, I left that out. I'll go back and put it in the OP. It was one of those home pregnancy test sticks. Pics will be rolling when he/she gets here.

hog4life

Congrats!!!!

You should always carry your reading glasses with you lol.

I have like 47 pairs laying all over the house, just didn't have any where I was sitting, lol.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Congrats, Hog. If it's a boy, I recommend they name him "Jack."

hog4life

Congrats, Hog. If it's a boy, I recommend they name him "Jack."

Like.......haha.

Cyberic

Cool Mitch. Happy for you!

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Congrats Mitch.  Great news !!!!

Bin Running

Congrats, Mitch...

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

on my way to badass

Excellent holiday story to tell and view for years to come.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28