Beginners and Beyond

Presidential Penguin Monday (Read 15 times)

PADRunner

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

Teacher: "John, do you know Lincoln's Gettysburg Address?"
    Student: "No, Miss Frump. I thought he lived in Washington!"

PADRunner

RD for me today.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Good Morning PAD and Pengs.

Enjoy the RD, PAD.

Short track run for me after work.

Who has the day off?

Brilliant

Good morning Penguins!

PAD, enjoy the rest day.

Jerry, sorry you have to work. I hope you get a good workout in tonight.

No running for me the last few days although I have walked miles & miles each day! Mexico City is fantastic.  We went to Lucha Libre Friday night which was the most fun I've ever had, and the Ballet Folklorico last night which was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.  And the food - oh my it's incredible. One more day - shopping and sightseeing planned today -and then headed home tomorrow and back to marathon training!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Pilates in a few and 6-7 miles tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  I'm working today, but expecting to bug out around 3:00 to miss the impending snowstorm.  They're calling for 1-3 inches this afternoon, 5-8 tonight.  So I'll probably take a snow day tomorrow, which will be all kinds of fun!!  I'm expecting video games and fresh-baked bread, which I think I'll put together tonight so it's ready in the morning.

PAD -- Enjoy your RD!!

Jerryb -- Have a good short track run!!  (Short track racing is always the most exciting in NASCAR!)

Brilliant -- Sounds like you're having such a wonderful vacation!!

Docket -- enjoy the Pilates and 6-7 tonight!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Zelanie

Hey guys!  I have the day off, but am going with DD to look at a college.  It looks like they have an all, day event, so I will do my best to get some miles in when I get home.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Day off and SRD. Now it's time to take the dog for a walk.

GinnyinPA

Happy Presidents' Day!

PAD and Jack - enjoy your rest days.

Jerry - sorry you have to work.  Have fun at the track.

Brilliant - I'm definitely jealous of your time in Mexico.  Sounds like a fun trip.

D - have fun at the gym this evening and doing your miles.

HopesMom - have fun with your snow day.  Sounds like you have it all prepped.

Z- college already? Is she hoping to stay close to home or does she want to try someplace different?

AFM:  My leg doesn't hurt today, so I'm going to try a few miles on the TM and see how it goes.  It's too cold to run outdoors: high of 18 this afternoon (8 degrees when we were walking Ben,  which actually felt warmer than yesterday's 13 since the wind isn't blowing.)  Normal is 40 for this time of year.

Singer who runs a smidge

DH says it's starting to snow at home, so I think I'll get a couple more things done and bug out of here!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

3 on indoor track.  Funny that yesterday was my first RD in 2 weeks, so today I was more tired than ever. Nap time then I have to go back to work for the annual meeting.  Hopefully my last one.

safe trip Brill.

Have a good run Docket.

Hope you missed the snow HsM.

Good luck, Zel.

Have a good SRD, Jack.

Good news on the leg, Ginny.

GinnyinPA

I ended up doing six miles. No pain until 5 1/2, and even then it was more a tightness than real pain.  But I decided it wasn't worth trying to push to make up yesterday's missing miles.

tracilynn

SRD for me but

all 4 of my kids are home today due to holiday so it is HELL DAY for me & One has a double ear infection and one has diarrhea. 

3 hr school delay tomorrow for freezing rain and ice tonight.  Then MY 2nd PT appt &  then to the gym to run.

I have a scary interval tomorrow:

1 mi warm up, 2 mi at 10 k pace, 2x1 mi at 5k pace, 2 x 800s at faster than 5k pace with a 5 or 3 minute recoveries. ZOIKS.

~~~~~~~

Traci

tracilynn

Sounds promising Ginny 

~~~~~~~

Traci

hog4life

Traci, I have a love/hate relationship with that workout. I think I am actually supposed to do that same workout this week. Let me know how it goes, and do NOT add 400's at the end! I did that once and it took me a whole week to recover.

Yucky weather and working off night shift makes for another day of no running. I'll hit it up for some big miles over the next couple days though.