Beginners and Beyond

SaturDAILIES the Great (Read 29 times)

LRB

Nice race and AG bling DavePNW.

Dewpoint is down to 58 degrees here. Should at least feel not horrible for tonight's race. Unfortunately, that also takes away an excuse for sucking.

lol

No more marathons

Nice race and AG bling DavePNW.

Dewpoint is down to 58 degrees here. Should at least feel not horrible for tonight's race. Unfortunately, that also takes away an excuse for sucking.

I know.  Hate when that happens.  Smile

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Nice job DaveP!

Runner with a riding problem.

No more marathons

Set my garmin for "walk" while I used a push mower on the side of our driveway and a large flat area by the road.  Just wondered how much walking that entailed - need to do it about every three weeks in the summer.  Got a mile and a half.  Pace is for shit though Smile

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

I believe all it takes on strava is a 1 mile PR attempt, not an actual best mile.

Also some interesting Strava trivia: apparently our "estimated best effort" times for both 1k and 1 mile are exactly the same, to the second. Of course they start to diverge wildly after that.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

6 miles done. 8.18 for the day.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

Congratulations DavePNW.

A little cooler and less humid today but still warm. I headed out to the state forest for a trail run on a short xc ski trail so I could enjoy some shade. 6.2 miles.

onemile

Also some interesting Strava trivia: apparently our "estimated best effort" times for both 1k and 1 mile are exactly the same, to the second. Of course they start to diverge wildly after that.

That's a weird coincidence that they are identical. And didn't you say your mile pr is from your 5k Pr?  Mine is too.

onemile

I ran 14 with the first 6 easy and then a progression in pace

That's a weird coincidence that they are identical. And didn't you say your mile pr is from your 5k Pr?  Mine is too.

I think it's actually not from my PR, it's from mile 3 of today's race last year, thanks to the last 1/2 mile downhill.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

At least I'm consistent. Started way too fast, race started downhill and I glanced at my watch and saw a 6:50 pace and said to myself you are a fucking idiot. Then the uphill started and the light dinner I had did not sit well. And even though it was less humid and cooler, still hot. 27:50 something.