Beginners and Beyond

Soupy Wednesdailies (Read 61 times)

oldfartrunner

Got my easy 8 in and a Ferritin test to see how the iron levels are doin.

DR & C99 Thanks! Smile

Sucks about not making BQ, Dave, Lauren, and Baboon.   The good thing is when you are my age the Q time is not too bad....Guitar?...That reminds me I need to get my guitar and amp out of the closet for Winter rockin the house!

Hope everyone who is sick gets better. Hate those Dam USRD, almost as bad as a TURD-Totally Unscheduled Rest Day.

Hey, to everyone else I've seen on RWOL!

Cyberic

Damn I'm tired. Not even running hard or anything lately. Don't feel like taking a day off either, because that would mean taking my car to work. Maybe the cooler temps will help or maybe I'll just take the stupid day off.

Or maybe I could try a real "recovery" day and run really slower.

breadnatty08

Howdy folks!  Good group we got here.  I was reading about the new BAA standard/entry qualifications early today and that is pretty crazy.  I'm still in men's open for a couple years but am shooting for well below 3hrs at Richmond in another month or so.  I'll likely try to run Boston in '19, just depends how it meshes with ultra schedule.

A couple runs in today: 10mi this morning on the trails by headlamp and 7.4mi this afternoon in the sun and heat trying out a new pair of Hoka Claytons.  I think they're pretty solid though they remind me A LOT of Kinvara 5s (the 6s were junk IMO and kinda threw me off the shoe).  I can't see doing any quality runs in them as the fit is so big in the upper and wide footprint.  They'll be nice for light trails though.

Find me on Strava

Half Crazy K 2.0

4.3 miles and strength training. The plan I switched to for my half calls for an "easier" week this week. Well, aside from the workout I am skipping/replacing with a 10k. It's had shorter intervals, yet this week calls for 2 or 3 x 3 miles at HM pace. LOL.

LRB & Onemile, hope you feel better. I was stuffed up all last week and took Claritin D, which led to lousy sleep, which made me feel even worse.

Runshortii, hope you don't catch whatever is going around.

OFR, is the trail you are on closed to any vehicles? Looks like a nice place to run, aside from the altitude.

onemile

4.3 miles and strength training. The plan I switched to for my half calls for an "easier" week this week. Well, aside from the workout I am skipping/replacing with a 10k. It's had shorter intervals, yet this week calls for 2 or 3 x 3 miles at HM pace. LOL.

LRB & Onemile, hope you feel better. I was stuffed up all last week and took Claritin D, which led to lousy sleep, which made me feel even worse.

That doesn't sound easier

Thanks. So far I took Ibuprofen twice and it actually made me feel a lot better but I've had a headache along with the snot/sore throat/sneezing/coughing

onemile

I ran 13 miles with 4x200m quick w/ 200jog and then 5x2km w/ 3 min jog. Was supposed to go from 6:45-50 down to 6:40-35... I did the opposite 

Half Crazy K 2.0

That doesn't sound easier

Thanks. So far I took Ibuprofen twice and it actually made me feel a lot better but I've had a headache along with the snot/sore throat/sneezing/coughing

Yea, I looked at that and said no f-ing way, especially in the heat.

Is it allergies? Here the ragweed has been really high, which I think is what really has bothered me.

Docket_Rocket

9 done.  Tired.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Howdy folks!  Good group we got here.  I was reading about the new BAA standard/entry qualifications early today and that is pretty crazy.  I'm still in men's open for a couple years but am shooting for well below 3hrs at Richmond in another month or so.  I'll likely try to run Boston in '19, just depends how it meshes with ultra schedule.

A couple runs in today: 10mi this morning on the trails by headlamp and 7.4mi this afternoon in the sun and heat trying out a new pair of Hoka Claytons.  I think they're pretty solid though they remind me A LOT of Kinvara 5s (the 6s were junk IMO and kinda threw me off the shoe).  I can't see doing any quality runs in them as the fit is so big in the upper and wide footprint.  They'll be nice for light trails though.

Welcome!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

onemile

Is it allergies? Here the ragweed has been really high, which I think is what really has bothered me.

I don't think so.  Mr. Onemile came down with it on Friday so I figured it was only a matter of time

Cyberic

That is very good, however you look at it.

I see you shared your RA log, but not really using it. You should give it a try.

LRB

OFR, is the trail you are on closed to any vehicles? Looks like a nice place to run, aside from the altitude.

I was prescribed Claritin about 12 years ago (or whenever it was) which was the first and last time for that stupidness.I actually felt worse after taking it!

I took an Aleve at 3:30 and just dropped a Vicodin. I don't like taking that crap but I was/am feeling pretty miserable. I have lost my taste buds as well, which is just awesome.

Docket_Rocket

I used to take Zyrtec every day for years until December no issues. In May, I had an allergy and hubby gave me a Zyrtec.  I was a zombie for most of the Flying Pig weekend.  Thanks, husband.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

oldfartrunner

Sorry Half Crazy, I just saw this!  Yeah, it's closed and is 5 miles one way, and with the Iron King section, a person could get 3 more out, so 16 total.  Really nice on my old joints, and no cars to deal with.  Just an occasional rattle snake.