Beginners and Beyond

Whar, SunDAILIES, whar???? (Read 43 times)

Zelanie, nice twelve.

HCK2.0, I'm relieved that you were able to clean up a bit before heading home. I hope that you'll be OK. Excellent eight with intervals.

wcrunner2, terrific 10.2. You deserved that nap.

I wear my race shirts. Most are tech. A few are cotton; I save those for loungewear.

I'm off to bed. I'm going to add another five minutes to my run tomorrow. I'll finally be running for slightly more than an hour again.

I feel like doing a happy dance.

A4 shirts say A4 right on the back of the collar where the size normally is. If you ran Grand Rapids in 2011 (it was royal blue), that was an A4 shirt. The Martian gave them out this spring as well IIRC. The gray one from Detroit last year was something different, not quite A4 but not quite the usual tech.

No, I am aware of which ones are A4, I just don't know what's considered the "good" tech material. The Kona races usually give Lesley Jordan - are those better? They seem to be a more textured weave. The Detroit one is a bit unique, it is softer kind of like a Nike Dri-Fit t-shirt.

MTA: I checked my Grand Rapids shirt (2012), it is not A4. And the Detroit shirt is New Balance.

Dave

LRB

I'm off to bed. I've been up since 4:00 am FFS.

See you!

bluerun

Super B****

No, I am aware of which ones are A4, I just don't know what's considered the "good" tech material. The Kona races usually give Lesley Jordan - are those better? They seem to be a more textured weave. The Detroit one is a bit unique, it is softer kind of like a Nike Dri-Fit t-shirt.

MTA: I checked my Grand Rapids shirt (2012), it is not A4. And the Detroit shirt is New Balance. 

The "bad" tech shirts usually have a weird sheen to them... almost like they're made of nylon, or something.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

The "bad" tech shirts usually have a weird sheen to them... almost like they're made of nylon, or something.

Ha. Yeah that sounds like A4, which seems to be most of what I have. Sadly those are also some of the less ugly ones.

Dave

Cyberic

I have 3 race shirts, and all 3 are Brooks. No idea if they're A4 or not. This is the first time I hear (read) that. I like them. Other than my singlets and an Adidas tech I have, my race shirts are my favorite.

Cyberic

I think I understand: A4 is a company, not a fabric type. So if my shirt is a Brooks, it can't be an A4. Forgive me, I'm slow Smile

Zelanie

Now I have to go check all of my race shirts. I have noticed that the ones I like when I'm getting ready are all super light weight, which feels good,  but then it seems like they just hold sweat and become heavy. The heavier seeming ones in the drawer seem to do better.

I just retired my old Brooks shirt,  that was a great shirt. But it's hard to justify spending $$$ on running shirts when you have a drawer full of race shirts.