Beginners and Beyond

WEDNESDAILIES, Coffee or Tea? (Read 61 times)

AmiK, I hope that you enjoy your post-work run.

Shari, excellent 10.22.

Rick, I love it when runs go so well.

AprilRunner, beautiful 4.1.

DCDan78, I hope that you fit a run into your day.

Zelanie, enjoy your easy seven-miler with the canine company.

B-Plus, have a great six-miler.

kristin10185, I hope that your URD is refreshing.

Shirfan, have an amazing LR.

Mattchiro, may your twelve-miler go well.

Oski, enjoy your post-work run.

SIAR, sweet 12.51. Have a fantastic time on the group run tonight.

MarjorieAnn3137, brava fitting 10.1 into your day while traveling.

DaveP MI, great job doing a six-miler in the middle of your work day.

(((Beth)))

billd76, I'm glad that your 4.5 went very well.

Damaris, I'm happy that you arrived safely and are enjoying yourself.

I'm off to the weekly meetup of my LRS's run club. Later.

Rondog65

Hello All, wishing everyone the best as I enjoy reading your inspirational tales, while I drink my Dunkin Donuts medium coffee (Yumm!!).  Today is a better day than yesterday.  Able to help a friend with a problem she had, the sun was shining outside and the temp was a very comfortable 50 degrees.  Another run in shorts, a t-shirt and I broke out the sunglasses (life is good).  A nice 4.7 mile run at a good pace.

Ron

Ron's PRs 5K 24:14 (12/07/2013); Half Marathon 1:53:33 (5/26/2013)

hi dailies:

15.2 MLR, didn't feel like going further, as the fieldhouse where I usually stop for a restroom break and drink of water was locked.  Add in snow squalls and that was far enough for today.  7:52 pace during which I spotted my first robin and red winged blackbird of the season. They looked miserable.

LRB

7:52 pace during which I spotted my first robin and red winged blackbird of the season. They looked miserable.

That was funny!

Supp Ron Dog!

BruceD555

hi dailies:

15.2 MLR, didn't feel like going further, as the fieldhouse where I usually stop for a restroom break and drink of water was locked.  Add in snow squalls and that was far enough for today.  7:52 pace during which I spotted my first robin and red winged blackbird of the season. They looked miserable.

I agree with LRB ... that was funny. I've heard of a couple of alleged robin sightings around here but I'm not buying it until I can actually see grass in my yard. (Nice run by the way)

I finished my 14 @ 8:09 ave pace ... faster than what I intended but I got to wear sunglasses on my run and that just felt awesome.

Train smart ... race smarter.

YAYpril - B-Plus

They looked miserable.

Thirded. That was pretty funny. Smile

Great long (to me!) runs, Shirfan and Bruce. I'm looking forward to getting to 13-14 miles for a long run in the next couple of weeks. I can't imagine doing a run that long on a weekday!

Ron, that sounds like a great run in beautiful weather.

Shirfan 15.2 at 7:52 is respectable.

BruceD555, I'm happy that your fourteen-miler was comfortably speedier than you expected.

5.0 miles with the run club done in 46:26.07. 9:29 pace. I had to do a double-take when I saw my time and pace on my Garmin. I'm in shock that I ran. Outside. For five miles. Without stopping. Comfortably. At a sub-10:00 pace. I'll be going into my first runniversary this Saturday with the biggest grin on my face. This year, I'll definitely better my time in Cambridge City Run.

A rep from Newton visited the LRS with shoes for the run club to test. I tried the Gravity. I'm not sure what to make of it. They were comfortable. I ran well. But, for the first three miles, all of which I could think was the lugs under the balls of my feet. They were too distracting. And the shoes cost $175.00:/ I'd accept them as a present, but I wouldn't pony up the $$$ myself.

BruceD555

LRB- Good job of staying safe out there in the slippery stuff and those types of runs are what keep you coming back for more.

AprilRunner- Sometimes being flexible in your schedule is a good thing – nice work on getting in the 4.1 with the tough last mile into the wind. I hope your 7-8 miles are awesome tomorrow.  BTW, tell your husband that I agree with him … everything is better with bacon. Wink

DCDan78- It sounds like you’re busy today so I hope you get some free time to get in that 4 miles later on.

Zelanie- Puppy run, yeah! Have a great 7 miles with the pooches.

B-Plus- Hope your 6 are easy and those nips are a non-issue today.

kristin10185- Have a nice lazy URD today. Sleep is a good thing.

Shirfan- Ughh, snow. Have a great LR regardless of the conditions out there.

Mattchiro- I’ve actually considered taking coffee in a water bottle but figured it would just freeze. Have a great 12 after work.

Oski- Sorry to hear of the cutback in hours but you have a good attitude and mindset – kudos!

So_Im_a_Runner- Nice first run today in some tough conditions!

MarjorieAnn3137- Nice 10.1 this morning … do you ever run less than 10 miles? That’s double good since you’re traveling and at a hotel – where getting in a good distance can sometimes be challenging.

Total B.S.- I’m so sorry to hear your dear Aunt is still ailing but what a blessing that you’re able to help her (on so many fronts). Don’t worry about posting here, just check in when you need a boost, or to vent or just need a happy distraction.

billd76- Fine job on getting in the 4.5 miles over lunch!

StepbyStep-SH- Good run today … especially that final 3 miles where you worked down to GMP. Those types of runs are good on the mental front.

Docket_Rocket- I love how you classified today as “might be a SRD” … I’m not buying it. Have a nice time in CA before your race … and a nice race as well.

BasyaSpiliakos- I hope you have a great time with your LRS’s run club tonight! ETA - it sounds like you had a fabulous time AND got to try out some new kicks ... I never get to do that!

Rondog65- Sunglasses are ALWAYS a good thing on a run. It sounds like you had some fabulous conditions to enjoy those 4.7 miles today!

Train smart ... race smarter.

Hip Redux

A rep from Newton visited the LRS with shoes for the run club to test. I tried the Gravity. I'm not sure what to make of it. They were comfortable. I ran well. But, for the first three miles, all of which I could think was the lugs under the balls of my feet. They were too distracting. And the shoes cost $175.00:/ I'd accept them as a present, but I wouldn't pony up the $$$ myself.

You will get used to the lugs, but yeah, they aren't cheap.  A Newton rep is giving a "natural running" free clinic this weekend, and I wonder if it's worth going.  I already have a pair, but I might like to hear what they have to say.

Nice work on the run!

ThanksSmile I'd set out for the 3.5-mile loop, but ended up doing the 5.0 mile loop because I didn't want the run for the return to the LRS while I was still listening to one of my favorite songs.

4.71 done with mile warm up then 8x400. Workout felt great, bring on that race next weekend. Have a great night everyone.

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

B-Plus

Shirfan & Bruce - Great runs.

Ron - Sounds like a great run.

Basya - You seen to have some nice speed so quickly after your marathon.

Sparker - Good luck this weekend.

I ran 5 @ 8:52 w/ 3 strides.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

You will get used to the lugs, but yeah, they aren't cheap.  A Newton rep is giving a "natural running" free clinic this weekend, and I wonder if it's worth going.  I already have a pair, but I might like to hear what they have to say.

Nice work on the run!

I had avoided trying Newtons bc of the cost...then wound up getting Hokas! Doh. I also tried on SuperFeet inserts with the rep tonigh - wow, talk about something not for me. 5 fun miles with the group though.

Bruce...thanks. Great mileage for you.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

StepbyStep-SH

Had to laugh about the robin sighting - a whole flock of them showed up in my front yard about 10 days ago, less than 24 hours before a storm that dumped about 8" of snow on us. My guess is somebody got an ass-chewing for misreading the calendar and forecast.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Just got done booking my flight and hotel for Boston, enough procrastination already.

Now it seems real and exciting all of a sudden.  Big grin