Beginners and Beyond

SUNDAYlies are up early to make new friends (Read 29 times)

Docket_Rocket

Hi all.

I run solo because I can't keep up with anyone. lol. For real.

Yesterday was a group supported long run. I got lost. At least hubby was waiting for me afterward. I guess that just means that they all trusted I was OK. I was.

Debating on Rock CF half next weekend. If I can find a ride I may go. Too bad I'm not pr ready. The last time (and first time) that I raced it I smashed my pr but didn't know I was eligible to bang the gong. Disappointed I missed that opportunity. That gong is going to get whacked real hard someday. ☺

Go!  You'll do it (if not now, some day)!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

Lauren - congratulations!  Nice race.

I enjoy running with people but don't do it often. The Beer Runners do a weekly 4 mile fun run every Tuesday evening, which I have enjoyed, but I haven't found anybody to do long runs with.  I run afternoons and the local clubs run very early in the morning.

Easy 8 on a chilly day. At 45, the snow is melting very fast, but it didn't feel warm. Maybe I should have worn pants instead of shorts.

onemile

15 w/8 MP. For onemile, I targeted 7:45's. And for me, I hit them.  

56 for the week.

onemile

I ran 13. It was rough but I expected that

Love the day-after-race run. 

Dave

Cyberic

15 w/8 MP. For onemile, I targeted 7:45's. And for me, I hit them.  

56 for the week.

Great run!

Cyberic

Were you thinking of that Sub 20? Good races make me feel good for a while. The opposite is also true.

onemile

Were you thinking of that Sub 20? Good races make me feel good for a while. The opposite is also true.

That helped for the first 8 miles. Then I just wanted to be done