Beginners and Beyond

Melting Monday Penguins (Read 12 times)

Jill.

Penguin Power!

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Morning Pens!

On tap for today: yoga, swimming, vegging.  No running for me today.  I'm pretty tight after yesterday's long run.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 6 miles tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

From the Internet.

80 minutes in the pool, plus I jogged for about 8 steps and my toe didn't fall off! I feel fat and slow. Oof. Spending all that time in the pool did NOT prepare me for the sensation of my thigh fat taking on a life of its own at a pace slightly faster than a walk.

Zelanie

Morning, pens!  It's heating up again here today.  Working, then working, then I will run something afterwards.

sapf- Enjoy the day. Smile

D- Have a good run!

Lauren- Gravity is a real bitch.

GinnyinPA

Hot here again - 93 feels like 98 - so I'll do my 5 on the TM later.

sapf - enjoy your cross-training day.  It's a good day for a swim.

D - enjoy your 6 this evening.

Lauren - when does your doctor think you can start running out of the pool?

Z - that's a lot of working, for someone on vacation.  I hope you get a good run in later.

From the Internet.

Hot here again - 93 feels like 98 - so I'll do my 5 on the TM later.

sapf - enjoy your cross-training day.  It's a good day for a swim.

D - enjoy your 6 this evening.

Lauren - when does your doctor think you can start running out of the pool?

Z - that's a lot of working, for someone on vacation.  I hope you get a good run in later.

Dedicated walking (like a few miles at a time, as opposed to just to/from work/daily activites) can start next week, running for real the week after. That's going to be pretty reasonable I think, my foot will need some time to get used to moving normally again - it gets tight and sore after 25-30 minutes on the elliptical right now, I've been rolling it out a lot and trying to do some of the arch strength exercises I've done in the past.

Robert31320

Team TJ

I got in 2 miles at the park before the weather demanded I get my ass in the truck!

Running for TJ because he can't.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

URD,  as I was trying to teach DW how to use the iPhone that she inherited from DD2.  It was pretty hot out today and it will be cooler tomorrow.

From the Internet.

I was a bad kid and jogged half a mile after work - felt good despite being, you know, 90 and sunny.

No more temptation to be bad at the moment though, coach emailed me with Alter-G info so I'll be taking that bad boy for a spin later this week! Big grin Big grin