Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #267 (Read 27 times)

LRB

RD here too, probably. I needed to get to work earlier this morning and still have zero desire to run with a head lamp. And I hate running not in the morning so we'll see. Also was trying to give this stupid blister time to heal.

So basically excuses but no miles 

A forum-mate of mine from another group said if you have a noxgear vest and turn it around so the back light is on your front then put it on steady yellow you'll be able to see in the darkness better than with nothing.

sdWhiskers

A forum-mate of mine from another group said if you have a noxgear vest and turn it around so the back light is on your front then put it on steady yellow you'll be able to see in the darkness better than with nothing.

I should have said I have no desire to run in the dark right now (aka get up stupid early), with no races to train for  If it's dark, I don't mind the head lamp and vest. It probably helps that I always run with a visor so head lamp is a non issue.

LRB

I should have said I have no desire to run in the dark right now (aka get up stupid early), with no races to train for  If it's dark, I don't mind the head lamp and vest. It probably helps that I always run with a visor so head lamp is a non issue.

Ahh. Got cha.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

what marathon are you training for?

Eh, at this point none.... but I just want a sub 10 min/mile pace the next time I run a "real" marathon.

As far as virtual goes, I have the IMM in November. So I'll shoot for that one and aim for a sub 10 min PR 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

delicate flower

Nice swim. Was that equivalent to a 5k TT, a tempo run, long run or fast easy run?

I'd say it was the equivalent of a hard tempo run...a fairly hard but maintainable effort, that got rather difficult the last 10-15% of the workout.  Also, this was probably around a 9:00 avg run pace equivalent.  I'm not saying a 9:00 run pace is slow; I am merely providing a relatable compare.  That is my speed when I am working pretty hard.

<3

LRB

I'd say it was the equivalent of a hard tempo run...a fairly hard but maintainable effort, that got rather difficult the last 10-15% of the workout.  Also, this was probably around a 9:00 avg run pace equivalent.  I'm not saying a 9:00 run pace is slow; I am merely providing a relatable compare.  That is my speed when I am working pretty hard.

Totally understand. 👍

I'm not sure where I would've ended up had I ever entered a triathlon, but swimming would've definitely been my achilles heel so to speak. At the time, I would've been best at biking but I'm fairly certain that running has overtaken that by now.

LRB

Just recieved an email regarding my refund for Chicago. I'd completely forgotten about that! 

I've gotten a new credit card though so it'll probably be forever before I actually see it...if I ever do?

Half Crazy K 2.0

Just recieved an email regarding my refund for Chicago. I'd completely forgotten about that! 

I've gotten a new credit card though so it'll probably be forever before I actually see it...if I ever do?

I had to send a letter via snail mail to a PO box to dispute my R&R charge. I called my credit card company Monday and have yet to hear back.

Docket_Rocket

It's been a process for sure. I went from an issue on the inside of the stupid thing to swelling all around it including the back of it, which gave me immediate pause! The swelling has subsided but the past couple of days it's been feeling like a tourniquet was tied loosely around my thigh a few inches above the knee whenever I moved it past 90 degrees. I haven't tried it yet today but thought the mountain climbers would be a good choice to stimulate it and see what happens. If all stays as it is, I'll try to jog on Saturday. If the feeling of the tourniquet goes away, I might try tomorrow or Friday. 👍

Did you ever get it checked?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

what marathon are you training for?

Maybe for 2023? 

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Did they already process it? They are normally very responsive to emails and they changed my CC once when hubby lost it and by then it had been added to the Chicago Marathon lottery.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

So glad I decided to do the 8 instead of 15 today. Since we are closing the fiscal year, it's been one thing after another and I'll be lucky if I can head to do my second run before 7pm.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

LRB

I had to send a letter via snail mail to a PO box to dispute my R&R charge. I called my credit card company Monday and have yet to hear back.

That is so 1980s.

LRB

Did you ever get it checked?

No. Didn't see the point.

LRB

Did they already process it? They are normally very responsive to emails and they changed my CC once when hubby lost it and by then it had been added to the Chicago Marathon lottery.

No. It was just a notice that the process is about to begin.