Beginners and Beyond

Wednesdailies on the 3rd. (Read 38 times)

My group is allowed to work flexible hours, so a few voluntarily come in at 6am and leave at 2. I am the late arriver at 8.

On days I don't run, I get in at 6-6:30. Then leave at 6-6:30. 

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

We have flexible hours, so long as we are in from before the time we are supposed to until after we are supposed to leave. Nothing after the start nor before the end without taking annual leave. Which is why I have liked these last two weeks when I have special permission to work the start/end hours I can.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

Making today a rest day. Work up at midnight with a calf cramp and it has been tender all day.

bluerun

Super B****

Here's a tale of woe: My watch told me I set a 5K PR tonight.  But it measured .07 mile longer than my last 5K, so even though I technically ran eight seconds per mile faster, I have nothing to show for it. Which pisses me off. But to look at the bright side: end result notwithstanding, it was a well-executed race. And I seem to be in one piece. NOTHING is more important than that.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Here's a tale of woe: My watch told me I set a 5K PR tonight.  But it measured .07 mile longer than my last 5K, so even though I technically ran eight seconds per mile faster, I have nothing to show for it. Which pisses me off. But to look at the bright side: end result notwithstanding, it was a well-executed race. And I seem to be in one piece. NOTHING is more important than that.

I think that is all good!

Damaris

bluerun

Super B****

I think that is all good!

The part where I DID NOT PR is not good.  I am so angry about that, I can't even see straight.

chasing the impossible

LRB

The part where I DID NOT PR is not good.  I am so angry about that, I can't even see straight.

Yeah, you got screwed. Your "PR" mile splits are 6:57, 6:46, 6:53. Tonight's mile spits were 6:57, 6:40, 6:45. You killed that bitch!

bluerun

Super B****

Yeah, you got screwed. Your "PR" mile splits are 6:57, 6:46, 6:53. Tonight's mile spits were 6:57, 6:40, 6:45. You killed that bitch!

BUT IT DOESN'T EVEN COUNT.

Mind you, the same thing happened before my last PR... I ran a course that measured long and the fact that I ran a faster pace (by my watch) than I ever had didn't mean anything.

And I have to wait eight whole days before I can try again.

chasing the impossible

LRB

BUT IT DOESN'T EVEN COUNT.

Mind you, the same thing happened before my last PR... I ran a course that measured long and the fact that I ran a faster pace (by my watch) than I ever had didn't mean anything.

And I have to wait eight whole days before I can try again. 6th

Running 3 miles faster than you ever have not only counts, it's huge. No, the end result wasn't what it should be but you can't discount the splits...or maybe you can!

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

It doesn't matter what your watch says if the course is certified or properly wheel measured.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

bluerun

Super B****

Running 3 miles faster than you ever have not only counts, it's huge. No, the end result wasn't what it should be but you can't discount the splits...or maybe you can!

I mean, it's nice and all... but officially?  Nope, means nothing.

chasing the impossible

bluerun

Super B****

It doesn't matter what your watch says if the course is certified or properly wheel measured.

I am obviously aware of that.  If I weren't, I would be all happy about my "PR."

chasing the impossible