Beginners and Beyond

Good news . . . it looks as if RW has a handle on the spam problem. (Read 1300 times)

xor

Well, there were a few hours when the spam threads stopped. Easy to hope that something good had actually happened.

There's no spam right now.  Of course, there are only limited numbers of threads on the first page of each section leading people to believe that whole sections have been nuked, stuff deleted, and the area is spam free.  Two things:

1. NO, the reason there's only one page of posts in BF is because the navigation links have been removed (by design? on accident?).  Threads are still there... you just can't get to them.  But if you re-sort the list, they will start popping up.

2. The number of threads on page one... which is less than normal... tells us that they didn't really delete the spam threads.  They have made them invisible, but they are still there.  Believe me, there's a big difference between deleting spam, ensuring spam isn't happening, and just hiding them.  Hiding them makes things look better and is a damn sight better than not, though.

Edit:  Navigation is back.  And all the invisible spam threads have been replaced by visible "This discussion was started by a user who has been blocked by our staff." entries.  Hundreds of them.  Progress comes like the fog: on cat feet.

MrNamtor

Just had a little gander at the RW-BF. What a horror show. A couple of posts at the top (by people I've never seen before which is really funny), followed by many pages of "This discussion was started by a user who has been blocked by our staff."

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

Yeah, you would think they could actually delete the threads, but no...that would make too much sense.

This discussion was started by a user who has been blocked by our staff.

MJ5

Chief Unicorn Officer

What I don't understand is the need to go over to RW, see that people (like myself) still post and have hope it's all getting worked out, and post something dumb like "why haven't you left yet?" Or "enjoy your sinking ship?" It sounds really bitter, for one, and for two, why do you care? (Proverbial " you" that is.) RW has been my home for awhile. I like meeting new people and this is okay, but the open forums are not as active and I don't enjoy the user group "bubble" as much. If you've left RW, stay out then. Don't go back to mock people or make comments about how back it sucks. Your point has been made. Over and over.

Mile 5:49 - 5K 19:58 - 10K 43:06 - HM 1:36:54

What I don't understand is the need to go over to RW, see that people (like myself) still post and have hope it's all getting worked out, and post something dumb like "why haven't you left yet?" Or "enjoy your sinking ship?" It sounds really bitter, for one, and for two, why do you care? (Proverbial " you" that is.) RW has been my home for awhile. I like meeting new people and this is okay, but the open forums are not as active and I don't enjoy the user group "bubble" as much. If you've left RW, stay out then. Don't go back to mock people or make comments about how back it sucks. Your point has been made. Over and over.

Pluck just frustrates the hell out of me. This goes back to when they first switched to pluck and the blue screen of death That lasted for over a year. I left several times then  to come to here. I think this little rebellion is the breaking point for most.

MJ5

Chief Unicorn Officer

Pluck just frustrates the hell out of me. This goes back to when they first switched to pluck and the blue screen of death That lasted for over a year. I left several times then  to come to here. I think this little rebellion is the breaking point for most.

I totally understand that. I don't understand the compulsion for people to go back and post mocking comments.

Mile 5:49 - 5K 19:58 - 10K 43:06 - HM 1:36:54

Little Blue

Yeah, you would think they could actually delete the threads, but no...that would make too much sense.

s*s says that Pluck doesn't allow that.  She'd like to, but insists that she can't.

not lazy, just tired

Curiosity. Just want to see if anything's changing. I don't mock people for staying. That's their choice, but why shouldn't I be able to say how much it sucks? Just my opinion.

Not if it makes sense.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Checked in today, and the first 3 pages have NO threads.  I'm starting to feel sorry for them.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

delicate flower

Well...at least they appear to be trying to do something, even if it means deleting EVERYTHING.  

I don't know what the hell is going on there this morning. 

<3

not lazy, just tired

Just checked it out. Other than one thread on p. 8 there's nothing on the first 20 pages. Maybe more, because that's where I gave up looking. What on earth is going on there this morning?

Not if it makes sense.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Just checked it out. Other than one thread on p. 8 there's nothing on the first 20 pages. Maybe more, because that's where I gave up looking. What on earth is going on there this morning?

I was there 2 minutes ago and the ONLY thread in view was S*S's sticky. I think they've resorted to using the real site as their test version.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

toyger

Wow, I just checked too...maybe they're cleaning house!

Jen

toyger

I just bumped the post'em thread, but I'm sure it won't be on the first page for long.

Jen