Beginners and Beyond

Thursday Penguins are just chillin'! (Read 9 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

So I have plenty of stuff to do, but I'm not feeling stressed about it, so that's nice.  And it's a beautiful day outside, and I have chorus rehearsal tonight, so it's all woo-hoo!! 

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Woohoo, morning!  I went to Orange Theory and did inclines and speedwork there for 30 minutes and the rest was all weights and rowing.  I'm tired, ha.  Pilates and maybe 5 miles tonight.

Damaris

Singer who runs a smidge

I need a nap just reading all that!

Jill.

Penguin Power!

I bought an inflatable pool for my backyard. It is filling with water as we speak. I get hot at any temp above 70 so I'm hopeful this will help me deal with the June/July weather :-)

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

GinnyinPA

HM - I hope you had a good rehearsal.

D - I'm amazed that you have the energy for all you do. Nice work.

Jill -  Enjoy the pool.

I ended up running 8 this afternoon. It was warm, but windy, so didn't feel as bad as yesterday's run.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

HopesMom, I needed a nap too.

Jill, enjoy the pool.

Ginny, nice 8.

Damaris