Beginners and Beyond

Tuesday - Dark (Read 35 times)

LRB

At the moment anyway...

I'll be heading out shortly to tackle the asphalt.

delicate flower

Hello, people of INTERNET.  I swam before work.  I have a bike workout tonight with some race effort intervals.  Compared to the intervals I normally do, race effort will feel pretty easy.

<3

delicate flower

Meanwhile I wait for my chance to sign up for Boston so I can began stressing about getting a confirmation email.

<3

onemile

I ran 8

Cyberic

I don't know when the forum home page changed, but it's hilarious.

The other day I got in an argument with a seller, as he was telling me that heel drop is marketing bullshit and it doesn't make any difference. I did not trust his advise on shoes after that.

MTA: A light argument. I'm old and don't care as much about proving my point as I used to.

10 w/12 strides

Dave

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Hit the gym first this morning, got there at 3:10 AM

No automatic alt text available.

Then I went home, ate a banana, changed clothes and then took Jetta for what ended up being a 6.2 mile run.

No automatic alt text available.

We finished the run just as it was starting to drizzle, so yay!

I've still got some glute exercises to do, Fire Hydrants and Clam thingies......... fun fun.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

I ran 7.5 and chased a squirrel for about 20 feet towards the end of it. The little bastard was terrified which is good because they scare the shit out of me suddenly scampering across fence tops or up poles all the time. 

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  We still have no power, FFS!  We just got a hotel room for tonight since we have not slept in 2 days.  Not easy sleeping when the house is 92F inside.  Anyway, I hope this place has a gym (probably), because I'm heading to do my run as soon as I can get home and bring all our freezer to this one.

FTS!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Office is also closed until further notice.  Not bad...if I HAD ELECTRICITY.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

I ran 7.5 and chased a squirrel for about 20 feet towards the end of it. The little bastard was terrified which is good because they scare the shit out of me suddenly scampering across fence tops or up poles all the time. 

I hate squirrels. Montreal is infested with them.

I actually kicked one the other day. I was running (duh) and a squirrel in the garbage darted on one side of the sidewalk, then decided to change direction and darted back across the sidewalk in front of me. My right foot hit it right in the stomach, it bounced about 2 feet in front of me and got out of the way. I could have tripped on the little bastard and fell.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Morning!  We still have no power, FFS!  We just got a hotel room for tonight since we have not slept in 2 days.  Not easy sleeping when the house is 92F inside.  Anyway, I hope this place has a gym (probably), because I'm heading to do my run as soon as I can get home and bring all our freezer to this one.

FTS!

That shit sucks........

I've never been to a hotel that had great refrigerators and I don't think I've ever seen a freezer in them. But I've only stayed at like 6 in my lifetime.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Cyberic

1-2-3-2-1-2-3 minutes with equal recovery

Runshortii

I ran 8 with 6 at MP. It was 75 degrees out with full sun, but it didn't suck as much as I originally imagined it would.

onemile

1-2-3-2-1-2-3 minutes with equal recovery

That's a hudson workout!