Beginners and Beyond

I saw Spirit of the Marathon II last night, and am wondering... (Read 136 times)

Brilliant

Does Julie Weiss even sweat?  How is it humanly possible to cross a finish line after 26 miles with perfect hair and makeup, and not a drop of sweat?!

Maybe she cleans up right before the finish line?  Although they showed her throughout the marathon and she seemed to stay well-groomed the entire time.

I'm not jealous or anything...

Jess runs for bacon

Does Julie Weiss even sweat?  How is it humanly possible to cross a finish line after 26 miles with perfect hair and makeup, and not a drop of sweat?!

Maybe she cleans up right before the finish line?  Although they showed her throughout the marathon and she seemed to stay well-groomed the entire time.

My friend said the exact same thing.

SheCan

LOL, well, I am!   I haven't seen this yet, but now I'll have to make note of this.

I notice when i'm running races how some people just seem to look perfect the whole time.   Plus we have people like happylily, nevrgivup, etc, who just look gorgeous in all their race pics, even at the end!  Its just not fair!  Smile

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

ry8564

I was impressed she smiled the entire time. Not one grimace....happy the whole way. The best part was when the older gentleman was yelling at her to stop talking because it would make her tired.

Brilliant

I was impressed she smiled the entire time. Not one grimace....happy the whole way. The best part was when the older gentleman was yelling at her to stop talking because it would make her tired.

Yes, she is also a Happy runner!  Maybe that's why she looks so good.  I'll have to try smiling instead of grimacing. Smile

Resident Historian

Doing the 52 marathons in 52 weeks including Rome is wonderful.  But if I'd been around her running a marathon, I'd be speeding up (hopefully) or slowing down to get away.  Only so much cheerfulness I can take while running a marathon!Roll eyes

Neil

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I'm here to tell you that fast is better. I've always believed this, in spite of the trouble it's caused me. - Hunter S. Thompson

Jess runs for bacon

Doing the 52 marathons in 52 weeks including Rome is wonderful.  But if I'd been around her running a marathon, I'd be speeding up (hopefully) or slowing down to get away.  Only so much cheerfulness I can take while running a marathon!Roll eyes

That was my thought. I don't know why she got on my nerves so much. I did learn her and that guy broke up a few weeks after filming wrapped.

RSX

First marathon there was a guy who kept telling us and anyone in the area how much he liked marathons. I told my friend we need to lose this guy and that was probably my fastest mile that day.

I was 1 of 10 people in the theater last night. I thought it was good, but like the first one better.

Love the Half

I'd be sorely tempted to trip anyone like that.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

Resident Historian

OK, glad I wasn't the only one.

Big grin to LTH

That Domenico guy, I'd run with him anytime!

Neil

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I'm here to tell you that fast is better. I've always believed this, in spite of the trouble it's caused me. - Hunter S. Thompson