Beginners and Beyond

MonDAILIES are back and better than ever (Read 37 times)

happylily

If I did not already stand at 6 feet, I would own an entire closet of them bad boys.  lol

LOL..

I am uninformed when it comes to Hokas. Are they so bulky in order to "cushion" the landing? They seem like they have such a high platform? No risk of twisting your ankles in those things?

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Hip Redux

If I did not already stand at 6 feet, I would own an entire closet of them bad boys.  lol

I'm 5'10" with those suckers on lol

Hip Redux

LOL..

I am uninformed when it comes to Hokas. Are they so bulky in order to "cushion" the landing? They seem like they have such a high platform? No risk of twisting your ankles in those things?

I am not running in them but trail folks were the first to really use them so I guess they are stable.  They are bulky looking but they are light weight.   I got them to cushion my hip a bit more than normal shoes, so far so good.

happylily

I am not running in them but trail folks were the first to really use them so I guess they are stable.  They are bulky looking but they are light weight.   I got them to cushion my hip a bit more than normal shoes, so far so good.

More important than your hip, will walking in them make your butt firm and perky?

(when I start saying stupid things like that, it usually means it's bedtime for me. So, goodnight, guys! )

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

I cannot speak too precisely on them since I do not own any but one of their models has a 44 millimeter heel height, 36 mm forefoot height and checks in at a robust 13.6 ounces for a size 9.  That is definitely a recovery run shoe only!

I cannot speak too precisely on them since I do not own any but one of their models has a 44 millimeter heel height, 36 mm forefoot height and checks in at a robust 13.6 ounces for a size 9.  That is definitely a recovery run shoe only!

Lily wants you to answer the butt question!

Dave

LRB

Lily wants you to answer the butt question!

I do not own one of those either.  lol

Hip Redux

Mine are 29mm\24.5mm and 9 ounces.

Docket_Rocket

They are low drop shoes, though (if I remember correctly).  And I can hit MP pace pretty easily in the Hokas.  They are not supposed to be used for speed unless you buy their "speed" ones.

5 miles in 88F.  First bra run of the year.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page