Beginners and Beyond

Thursdaylies - Mr Cornell has left the building. (Read 33 times)

Cyberic

Is your forecast looking any better?

About the same. Actually the forecasted low for the day is lower, but the high is higher. My guess is it will be about the same at race time. Or maybe cooler since the race is at 8:00. Considering it's the end of May, I'm pretty happy. I expect  temps topping in the low 60s (during the race)

Cyberic

Is your forecast looking any better?

What about yours?

It's presently 86* (feels like 96), there is a 26mph SW wind, with gusts at 32mph, and I live pretty much straight SW from work. Good thing it's only 3.5 miles.

onemile

What about yours?

It's presently 86* (feels like 96), there is a 26mph SW wind, with gusts at 32mph, and I live pretty much straight SW from work. Good thing it's only 3.5 miles.

That will be fun. Pretty much what it was here yesterday. I had a workout so I ran on the treadmill.

Mine is showing 51 for the overnight low but only a high of 63 for the day for Sunday. Also 8 am.  In hindsight I guess I would have been better off just sticking with this as my goal race.  But it's a gamble because yesterday it was in the 70's already at 7am.  Oh well.

Docket_Rocket

Mine has rain still.  40-50%.  Sigh.  I do prefer that rather than heat, so there is that.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

No more marathons

Today's quality workout went much better than Tuesdays.

Schedule called for 4 X mile at 10K pace.

Managed to do that on miles 2 and 3 - but missed a little on one and four.

Difference wasn't in the temperature, but in the sun.  Cloud cover today was much appreciated.

I have run 26.2 miles this week. The amount of time was almost exactly the same as my 3rd marathon (8 seconds less). Fascinating, I know.

Inquiring minds want to know.  

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

Cyberic

Forgot to say "with a back pack". Went well. Switched my watch in HR display, and was focusing on not letting it drift too high. Result: An easy run that was easy.

LRB

It is 95 frikkin degrees outside.  Glad my bike ride will be a nice easy spin.  HM race weather Saturday says 50 degrees and sunny.  Sweeeeet.

It should be even cooler on the peaks.

Seriously though, you might go sub-6:00 on some of those downhills!

onemile

Mine has rain still.  40-50%.  Sigh.  I do prefer that rather than heat, so there is that.

Isn't yours like 10 days away?

onemile

I ran 6.

Docket_Rocket

Isn't yours like 10 days away?

Yes but it's going to rain all week but Friday. It could change but I doubt the rain leaves knowing they have been getting flooded.  It goes from 40-90% so I assume it won't change much.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

20 mile bike ride.  97 degrees!    Biking an easy effort in that heat is actually quite enjoyable.  I am glad I didn't have a bike workout to do.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Pilates and 4 done.

Massage therapist cupped my middle back. It was as painful as the bruises it left but so helpful.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

6. Waited til it cooled down to only 87. My car said it was 100 this afternoon.