Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES (Read 39 times)

Docket_Rocket

5 easy. I found my Balega sock that has been missing for several months.

I am scared to ask where did you find it...

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Forgot to report that 15 days post brain surgery, HUBBY RAN 3.5 MILES!!!!!!  And he felt good.  He said he stopped at that because he was tired.  Slacker...

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Are we taking a survey? My weekday run schedule is 16 oz of black coffee (no food) consumed during the ~30 min drive ending ~15 min before the start of the run. Go to the bathroom before the coffee, after the coffee, and usually 2.5 miles into the run. (And a 2-PM run is more common that I'd like.) No laxatives please. Actually never used to have coffee before a run till about a year ago. And yet, pretty much the same schedule. YMMV. I hope.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

I am scared to ask where did you find it...

They were stuck to DH's underwear. Guess that pair was at the bottom of the drawer.

LRB

Are we taking a survey? 

lol

I can actually go without coffee, it's just that coffee, going and running all just happen to occur before I go to work in the morning, which carries over to the weekend.

the weekend.

My schedule is a little different on the weekend. Usually I actually have food along with my coffee, then run after about an hour.

Dave

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I am curious though, if I do need to take Imodium, what time should I take it before the race? One hour, 2 hours before? The race starts at 7 AM, I'll be getting up at 4 AM, drinking coffee and go for a quick/easy 1 miler then more coffee while getting my stuff ready, then I'll hopefully take some coffee with me and have time to get in a quick/easy 1 miler before the race.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

onemile

I am curious though, if I do need to take Imodium, what time should I take it before the race? One hour, 2 hours before? The race starts at 7 AM, I'll be getting up at 4 AM, drinking coffee and go for a quick/easy 1 miler then more coffee while getting my stuff ready, then I'll hopefully take some coffee with me and have time to get in a quick/easy 1 miler before the race.

Maybe you should practice this in training first.

Docket_Rocket

My husband takes his Imodium as he leaves for the start line. I have taken some and they don't work on me which is why coffee does not work on me. My body works on its own.  Lol.

hubby takes 2 the morning of the race for a HM. I would take 3 for a full.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

bluerun

Super B****

I tried Imodium once.  It didn't help.  But then, my digestive system is a general disaster, so such a simple fix was too good to be true.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Ugh, I think I'll lose my mind if my bowels screw up my race. I really, really want to PR and place in my AG, my bowels have been a little cranky lately or not on track.... I think my not being on a tight schedule with my runs has my bowels kind of screwy. 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)