Beginners and Beyond

Sunny SaturDAILY For Penguins (Read 25 times)

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Zelanie - I would like to do the bathroom as I have done one before. My wife thinks I would take to long being that I work longish hours so she would rather have a contractor. I think when she sees the estimates her mind  may change!

Good luck to Cheri and Jack tomorrow!

Looks like there is all kinds of different weather out there around the country.

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

5 @ 9:59.  It was really nice out, no wind and and sunny.  Could have gone farther, but didn't bring water.

Gus, I recommend a heated floor. Worth the money.  We keep in on all year.

tracilynn

It was 77 here on Thursday then by Friday nt was like 35. Crazy weather.  High today of 35.

I went to the gym today for a learners class for gym equipment. Only did like 2 sets each machine.

Saw a lady there and she did 30 mintues on Jacobs ladder ShockedTHAT'S CRAZY!  Most people can't do 3 minutes including sub 4 marathoners.  The trainer said is the hardest machine in the gym hands down. He also said he sees people have to stop to go throw up. Ha.

when my right calf shuts the F up Im gonna try it Smile

~~~~~~~

Traci

obiebyke

Ew, Traci! No puking in the gym. I want to hear how that thing goes, though.

Got my 5.5 done with a windchill of -15. It was actually really nice. I got overly warm in my layers, if you can believe it. My phone froze and shut down, which freaked me out, but a little time indoors and a hard restart did the trick. I'm intact and feeling hardcore!

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

tracilynn

Dang Obie! Are you in that winter miles game thingy?you prob racked up some points for that. Nice run.

~~~~~~~

Traci

SheCan

Drove to N. Tucson and back to the expo today.  Got the pleasure of meeting Jack, who seems really excited and ready about the race.  Came home and fixed myself some carby rice and veggies in addition to the other carbs I've woofed today.  Started lying out my things for tomorrow morning, as we have to leave here somewhere between 2:30-3:00 in the morning (tonight.) I know I won't be able to think at that time, so i hope I'm not forgetting anything.

Here's from the expo today:

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

obiebyke

I love seeing photos like that, Cherie! Y'all are, like, real people!

Traci, I am in the winter game. I'm kicking ass in the newbie division. That game is one case where running slowly is a bonus, because it's based on time on your feet.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

tracilynn

Awww great pic guys!Cool

~~~~~~~

Traci

Bin Running

Loved the pic! Good luck to you both again.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

tracilynn

Traci, I am in the winter game. I'm kicking ass in the newbie division. That game is one case where running slowly is a bonus, because it's based on time on your feet.

Awesome!

Oh wow. I'm really slow but the weather is not so bad here So it would cancel out, I guess.

~~~~~~~

Traci

SheCan

LOL, yup!  Jack is exactly the same in real life as on here... go figure!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

hog4life

Jack and Cherie, great pic and good luck to both of you. Was the expo outside? Cool!

Obie, anything negative here in the south would be dissaster, temp or wind chill.

I went to a local run this morning and helped do some of the timing stuff in prep for next March. It's a really neat experience behind the sceens that most people don't realize is going on. Hoping for an easy 8 miler when I wake up tomorrow afternoon. Working 75 hours the week before a marathon is probably not so good, but we'll see. Next week will be a much lighter work load for me.

GinnyinPA

Great picture.  I can't wait to read your race reports.

Obie - wow!  Hats off to you.

Mitch - I'm glad work is easing up, aside from the issue of being rested for your race.  75 hour weeks are so hard on mind and body.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Like the Penguin FE.  What, no Scotty?