Beginners and Beyond

Week 3: Some Penguins are Sick! 01/15 - 01/21/18 (Read 9 times)

Docket_Rocket

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I got sick on Saturday night, with some light fever, so I never ran Houston.  Sigh, oh, well. Fever is the only reason I would DNS a marathon.  That or being super sick.  Fever has been gone for 13 hours and hoping that's the last I see of it.  Congestion is still around but it should clear up the more I move around.

Pilates for me tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

D - I'm glad your fever is gone. Do you feel better? Was it a cold?

It's snowing here, so I'll probably do my run on the TM.

Docket_Rocket

We think it was a virus of some sort.  Like a bad cold, but not as bad as the flu. Thankfully.  Feeling much better.  Been at the office for 4 hours and feeling better every hour, so there is that.

Enjoy the TM!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

Glad you're feeling better, Docket!  Glad you're not out in the weather, Ginny!!

I spent my morning doing awards coordinator duties -- contact all the sponsors of the regional awards, see if they're willing to sponsor them again.  Send out the list of last year's presenters so that the Powers That Be can create the list of this year's presenters.  Figure out who all won last year's awards so I can track them down and make them bring back the trophy, or plaque, or whatever.  Working on verifying who's eligible to win what, though that's a little tougher since the lady running the show neglected to send out contact info for each chorus liaison.  Doh!

Had the chorus holiday party Sunday, and the cheesecake was a hit!  I had a mild panic problem though -- on Saturday my final layer of chocolate mousse curdled instead of whipping, so I had to skip church on Sunday morning and go buy more cream and try again.  Luckily it worked the second time around.  There were many chuckles about my skipping church to fix the cheesecake, but most ladies felt that if I presented a slice to St. Peter, he'd let me in the Pearly Gates!!

We're supposed to have snow tomorrow.  We'll see ...

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 4 and weights tonight.  I gave the plague to my husband, good!

HopesMom, sounds like a busy morning.  Hoping you got an award too. Smile

Damaris

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

D - I'm glad you're feeling better. Sorry about your husband though.

We got about 5 inches of snow yesterday, so I got to spend an hour shoveling the driveway this morning. Ben got his walk and I checked out the roads. Not much pavement to be seen, though the plow did go through last night. I don't want to deal with icy hills, so I guess I'll do my 5 on the TM later. We won't get above freezing today, so there won't be a lot of melting going on.

Docket_Rocket

Afternoon!  Ran 4 last night in 54F.  I was pleasantly surprised.

I have Pilates and 6 tonight.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

Geez, snow.  Glad it's Friday!!  I have quartet rehearsal tonight, then I have quartet coaching on Sunday.  Should be interesting!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

GinnyinPA

HM - How much snow did you get? Enjoy your rehearsals.

D - nice run yesterday. I hope today's is also outside.

I had a lovely 8.4 miles today. It was in the mid-40's and lightly cloudy so the glare off the snow and ice was cut down. The roads were mostly clear though I had to watch out for puddles of snowmelt.