Beginners and Beyond

Sunday Wake Up Call Dailies (Read 29 times)

LRB

Are you training for the steeplechase?

lmao

It's one of the most impressive shots ever posted here, and that's saying a lot!

lmao

It's one of the most impressive shots ever posted here, and that's saying a lot!

Forum home page!

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Nice job, Lori!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Steeplechase?  That's too funny. But I DID in fact learn how to do a box jump. Took me almost as long as the race to gather up the courage to do it. And it was no higher than a fallen tree trunk. I will spare you from that photo. Bahaha

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Docket_Rocket

Steeplechase?  That's too funny. But I DID in fact learn how to do a box jump. Took me almost as long as the race to gather up the courage to do it. And it was no higher than a fallen tree trunk. I will spare you from that photo. Bahaha

I hope my PT never ask me to do a box jump.  I am afraid of breaking another meniscus just by breathing, imagine that.  Smile

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

I hope my PT never ask me to do a box jump.  I am afraid of breaking another meniscus just by breathing, imagine that.  Smile

I totally get it.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Docket_Rocket

I totally get it.

Yeah, no matter how hard these things happen, my mind will now tear many meniscus for every little thing I do. I am sure Baboon felt similar then.  Good thing she asked me to run first rather than jump like most people are asked to do. I would have flip and quit outright, LOL.

But it's nice to be back.  6 hours post run and knee is fine.  I overdid Pilates yesterday and my quad is sore but the knee? No problem.  LOL.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

onemile

I ran 17. The first half with Mr. Onemile and then the rest by myself.  66 miles for the week.

onemile

Where's the update on Bluesky's race?

No more marathons

Where's the update on Bluesky's race?

Patience, patience.  It's coming.

Hey did you see Addie's tweet?

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

No more marathons

My 5K showed the improvement I was hoping to see.

Overall I moved up from 15th to 11th (of 226), and easily took my age group.  Total time (22:44) improved by 21 seconds.  This is a tough race with an 80 foot climb in the first .4 mile, which it immediately gives back in the next .4, then a 160 climb through mile 1.8.  And then a steady downhill to the finish.

Last year my splits were 7:19, 7:56, 7:06 and :43.

This year I got 7:14, 7:55, 6:53, and :41  - So improvement in each leg, but the most in the downhill section.  (Note that suck in mile 2 - the big uphill.  I had really hoped to improve here, but only 1 second).

Really interesting in this race was the makeup of the top 10.  5 were age 15 or less - including the first place male - a 13 year old with a time of 18:22, and the first place female - a 14 year old who finished just ahead of me in 22:30.  Speaks volumes for the young runners in this area.

And FFS - my garmin shut off right at the start of the race - didn't notice until about .8 in.  Easy to calculate the time and distance lost, but what a PITA.

He's a leaker!

onemile

My 5K showed the improvement I was hoping to see.

Overall I moved up from 15th to 11th (of 226), and easily took my age group.  Total time (22:44) improved by 21 seconds.  This is a tough race with an 80 foot climb in the first .4 mile, which it immediately gives back in the next .4, then a 160 climb through mile 1.8.  And then a steady downhill to the finish.

Last year my splits were 7:19, 7:56, 7:06 and :43.

This year I got 7:14, 7:55, 6:53, and :41  - So improvement in each leg, but the most in the downhill section.  (Note that suck in mile 2 - the big uphill.  I had really hoped to improve here, but only 1 second).

Nice  21 secs in a 5k is a lot. Congrats!

onemile

Hey did you see Addie's tweet?

About her 50k race?

No more marathons

He's a leaker!

Docket_Rocket

Great job, Bluesky!

Damaris

Fundraising Page