Beginners and Beyond

Totally Twisted Tuesdailies (Read 34 times)

LRB

ROS slayed a half marathon!  We are still waiting on this race report. 

While holding our breath, which is not fun.

onemile

Just finished it! Posting it now.

onemile

Boon and ROS went out and kicked their races in the ass. Cyberic ran 31 Miles in two days. sd Whiskers raced a 10k on what could only be described as a navy seal tryout course. Jenny fell but survived. DaveP "ran" 16 miles across snow and ice. WIP is up to 4 miles and Damaris can cook and run on the treadmill at the same time.

You are pretty darn good 

RunningOnSand

While holding our breath, which is not fun.

Have a beer. Or 6. Wink

RunningOnSand

You are pretty darn good 

Wow! I'm doubly impressed!

Boon and ROS went out and kicked their races in the ass. Cyberic ran 31 Miles in two days. sd Whiskers raced a 10k on what could only be described as a navy seal tryout course. Jenny fell but survived. DaveP "ran" 16 miles across snow and ice. WIP is up to 4 miles and Damaris can cook and run on the treadmill at the same time.

Your skill at recapping events is second only to this guy.

Dave

lindasaffell

Fighting senescence

It feels a bit odd for all of you in the PNW and up north of me to have this winter monster stuff, and to have just raw and wet here.  Yes, I'd do a single run with you this time of year, @RocketDocket but I do wilt in hot/humid, too.  @Baboon, even just getting out today for groceries, I know what you meant!  I think I recently read somewhere, the phrase, "gloves before sleeves before hats" and I know I feel much, much warmer, with a pair of gloves (or better, MITTENS!) on if I'm out for cold weather runs.  Hey, be glad your car heater works -- for a while years ago, mine DIDN'T and that was an awful spell.  @FreeSoul, I think I'm gonna steal your workout log design!  I am not good at recording my strength sessions.  I need to do better!

Happy Garmin newbie

Renewing my interest in running, sloooowly

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

In my particular area, we have a homeless guy. As in 1. He's been the subject of many Facebook posts for our county councilman--basically telling him to do something to help. He stays to himself. Only thing is when he is sleeping, when I run by, I am trying to make sure the dude is still breathing.

Evansville has one man that I'm pretty sure doesn't have his own home, but he stays somewhere, like a shelter or something. He's a veteran and very patriotic, always out on the river front with his shopping cart full of flags and other patriotic stuff. He waves to people driving by and people honk back, he never asks for handouts and is always out there during races cheering participants on.

Come to think of it, I think we do have a few homeless, either by choice or not choice or travelers passing through, but since Southern Indiana has a lot of woods and creeks, you'll never see them unless you run the greenway. They used to camp under the overpasses/bridges that go over the creek, but I think LEO's have been chasing them off.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

It feels a bit odd for all of you in the PNW and up north of me to have this winter monster stuff, and to have just raw and wet here.  Yes, I'd do a single run with you this time of year, @RocketDocket but I do wilt in hot/humid, too.  @Baboon, even just getting out today for groceries, I know what you meant!  I think I recently read somewhere, the phrase, "gloves before sleeves before hats" and I know I feel much, much warmer, with a pair of gloves (or better, MITTENS!) on if I'm out for cold weather runs.  Hey, be glad your car heater works -- for a while years ago, mine DIDN'T and that was an awful spell.  @FreeSoul, I think I'm gonna steal your workout log design!  I am not good at recording my strength sessions.  I need to do better!

I can give you the link to the journal I bought on amazon  

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0968707505/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Half Crazy K 2.0

I would have fallen and broken something already. That is narrow!

Docket, yea, it's really narrow. The good thing is whenever I finally decide to upgrade, almost anything will seem like an improvement.

GinnyinPA

The good thing about a narrow belt is it forces you to keep your feet straight. I deliberately bought a wide belt because my feet do turn out a bit and I didn't want to be hitting the side.

St. George would be a gorgeous fall marathon. I've read reviews of Tucson, and though the area is beautiful, part of the course is really not. Phoenix in Feb. is iffy. I ran Lost Dutchman on Feb. 14, 2015 and it was 85 the day before the race and up to about 70something on race day. They said it was about 20 degrees warmer than normal and I wasn't prepared for it.

I ran 8 on the TM with 5 x 800 at 5k pace.

sdWhiskers

This is awesome!

KCRuns

I knew I could count on you for the update! WOW, y’all were busy being awesome this weekend!  Nice job 🙌🙌