Beginners and Beyond

Grant me strength TuesDAILIES (Read 33 times)

Docket_Rocket

I think the worst that year was a 5k on like June 12 that was something stupid like *75 degrees at the start!

*not Damaris stupid, LRB stupid.

Yes, cause 75F would be the starting time for a marathon in Miami in Winter.  Ha.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Sunday's Atlantic City weather forecast from the weather channel: sunny, high 47, winds WNW 25-35 mph gusting to 40mph. Race is out and back, sort of running north to south on the first part. It's not straight north to south, despite the fact that on the out, the Atlantic Ocean is to my left, which usually indicates due east. Guess it isn't exact.

SIAR, hope you heel up.

Scottydawg, ouch, that looks super painful. Thank you for taking a close up 

OK, I wanted to run the AC Marathon one year, but fuck that.  HOpe your forecast changes.  Boo.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Sounds like competition with Miami weather, Dave.

So, I come back from Pilates to a tornado warning, winds falling out like crazy, wind like the fucking tornado had come in already, and realized I had 6 not the 7 I thought.  By the time the storm stopped, hubby and I went outside to run in 73F and 70DP (miracle!) and ran 5.  This man will pass my pace soon and he runs/walk.  So, 5.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Shore races can be cruel with the wind.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.