Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES; Say this, not that (Read 39 times)

Cyberic

And I've officially lost my mind!

Smile Guess you get to a point in life where doing exercices that then let you tie your own shoes without pain are worth it.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Day 14 of rain, we're going for the record! Yippee! And working on a record number of days in May where the high is below 60. Which would be great for running, except for the rain. Anyway, lower body weights, because I didn't feel like running in this crap.

Cyberic

That is my least favorite workout of all time. I have gotten it twice - 4 mile hill climb at tempo effort (mine was to be done on the treadmill at 4-5% incline).

I usually like 20 minutes workout at tempo effort. Never tried it uphill though.

Cyberic

I did some math, just for fun.

My fastest 200 today was in 35.28 seconds, which is a 4:44 pace.

If I could hold that pace for 26.2 miles, that would mean a marathon time of 2:04:01, which is slower than the world record.

Those guys are machines!

LRB

I usually like 20 minutes workout at tempo effort. Never tried it uphill though.

That's usually a 3 mile run for me at or near 10k pace and it's not so much the physical discomfort as it mentally seems to take forever.

LRB

That was the start of me not liking him, I think. That was such a good Pistons team that year. DH got to see them courtside vs. Seattle, Mr. Big Shot hit a game winning shot at the buzzer.

Fun times. We've stunk forever since though. lol

delicate flower

That's usually a 3 mile run for me at or near 10k pace and it's not so much the physical discomfort as it mentally seems to take forever.

Funny, I even put that in my workout notes for my coach.  "20 minute tempo blocks seem to never end!"  I looked at my watch and there were 13 minutes left and I was all FTS.

<3

Zelanie

Fun times. We've stunk forever since though. lol

Yeah, well this is the first time Portland has been any good since they broke up with Rasheed.

LRB

Yeah, well this is the first time Portland has been any good since they broke up with Rasheed.

He was the final piece to our puzzle, unfortunately for you.

Were you around for the Clyde Drexler, Jerome Kersey, Terry Porter, Cliff Robinson, Kevin Duckworth era? I still have no idea how they lost to the Pistons!

Zelanie

He was the final piece to our puzzle, unfortunately for you.

Were you around for the Clyde Drexler, Jerome Kersey, Terry Porter, Cliff Robinson, Kevin Duckworth era? I still have no idea how they lost to the Pistons!

I was happy to see Sheed do well. Portland wasn't working for him anymore.

I wasn't even in Oregon or paying attention to sports in the good old days, but those guys were a big part of my learning how to be an Oregonian. I moved here in 1993, when everyone had a dog named Clyde.

workinprogress11

5 or 6 after dinner, probably.

5 done.

Docket_Rocket

Ran 5 on the TM and even my easy pace felt hard today.  Two back to back days in heels and court all day have taken its toll, I guess.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Day 14 of rain, we're going for the record! Yippee! And working on a record number of days in May where the high is below 60. Which would be great for running, except for the rain. Anyway, lower body weights, because I didn't feel like running in this crap.

Did you move to Miami during our 5 months rainy season by any chance?  What's going on?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

Ran 6.2 on the TM. Felt great.

onemile, I finished The Girl Who Slept With God today. It was really good. I might have kind of dropped everything this week to get some extra listening in.

onemile

onemile, I finished The Girl Who Slept With God today. It was really good. I might have kind of dropped everything this week to get some extra listening in.

Glad you liked it. I am a few days into All the Light We Cannot See. I haven't had a problem getting into it so far, so that's a good sign.

I don't allow myself to listen them outside of running, otherwise I would go through them way too fast. And also it gives me something to look forward to when I don't feel like running.