Beginners and Beyond

A big oops! (Read 65 times)

Little Blue

Hasn't everone done that at least once?

delicate flower

haha....poor kid.  Well props to him for wanting to go ahead and finish!

<3

LRB

Which medal did he get? Big grin

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Hasn't everone done that at least once?

Not that, but on my first run in a new area I'd just moved to one year I took the wrong road at a traffic circle where there were 5 choices instead of the 4 my map showed. So my planned 4 mile run turned into 13. In addition to the extra miles, it started raining about halfway through the run and a bedraggled Golden Retriever who was apparently lost decided to join me.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

cjones1

Funny story.  That would have been a helluva positive split for me after running the first 13.1 @ HMP.

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

LRB

Not that, but on my first run in a new area I'd just moved to one year I took the wrong road at a traffic circle where there were 5 choices instead of the 4 my map showed.

Back in my early years in the sport, I used to drive my routes before I ran them. 

GinnyinPA

I did that after I learned that the maps for my area were really bad.  I live in farm country and a lot of dirt farm lanes are shown as through roads when they only lead to a barn or the back 40.  After having some loop runs end up as excessively long out and backs, (and in one case a call for help from DH), I learned to drive new rural routes first. It also allowed me to see how hilly a route was and how narrow the road  That's less of a problem now, but I used to be really scared of blind corners/hills.  I got used to them eventually though I've had a few close calls.