Beginners and Beyond

Thursday Penguins Coming At You Live! (Read 27 times)

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails!What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

What, no one but Gustav is awake yet?

I finally got my race report done for my April Fool's Day 5K.   Report is on Runner's World and also at this link on this forum:  http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/Post/88fb90c843534e25b60df63370551e1f#focus

Rest day yesterday and glad of it. Around 2 PM it started POURING, and the rain continued through most of the night  Very nice because we need it badly.    Also brought a bit of a cool front in, a nippy 48 degrees this morning.  That will be changing to 74 degrees by this afternoon, with a nice low dewpoint and low humidity, making for some refreshing cooler air.  Just at my run time too, sweet!  Plan on some hill work of about 4 miles or so after work.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Good Thursday Morning Penguins!

Looking to get in 5 miles after work.

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Philliefan33

I'm awake Scotty, just trying to get some work done.

I took an URD yesterday to let my foot heal up a little.  It feels much better today, so I'll go out for 6-8 miles.

Good morning Gustav.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  10 miles this morning.  More tonight.  Working from home, so I got to go.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

morning friends

I hadnt posted in a while.

I did 2.5 this am.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Bin Running

Morning, colony.

5 miles in the rain just now.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Tori Runs in PA

Pittsburgh RN!

Morning pengs!!

Introducing to you for the first time (unless you're my FB friend): Tori Marie Mowry RN! WOOT!! AHHHHH!!

I did one miles. ..(wasn't my plan)......the day before yesterday......it was mid 20's and SOOOOO WINDYYYY...it was miserable....but hey, I tried.

Going out at 11:00 with my friend....then coming home to watch my Buccos beat the Cubs at 12:35~~

I hope everyone is doing well!!

I"ll check in later!!

I took my boards last Friday and so I officially feel like I am DONE with school!! I am loving this non nursing school life!! :-) Although, I've been sore since because somehow my shoulder was out of socket! I went to chiro on Tuesday morning and I thought it was just tension from my state boards...but nope..my shoulder was out. I have no idea how that happened and it's still pretty sore but better!!

It's going to be a beautiful day in Western PA today!! EEEk!! Sunny and 53!!!!!!!!!!!!!! jf;oawe0maevmaefr[palwref;mg;erig!!!!

Do or do not, there is no try. 

My first races EVER! 

Saxonburg Distance Series 5KRaces: 

#1: 7-14-2012 Cross Country Crusade 5K: 42:50 

#2: 8-11-2012 Roebling's Run 5K: 38:54

#3: 9-8-2012 Festival of the Arts 5K: 36:37

Zelanie

Morning!  I took a URD yesterday.  I got home late and was tired, plus a bit worried about the hip.  I rolled it really well, and it felt a million times better right afterwards.   Today I have 7 scheduled, probably do most of them with the running club.

Scotty- Sounds like our weather has reversed!  It was 70ish and sunny here a few days ago.  Today it is supposed to be pouring any if we're lucky get up into the 50s.  Hope you enjoy the hills!

Gustav- Have a good 5 miler!

Margo- Hope the foot behaves on your run!

D- Nice miles already!  Hope the evening ones go well too.

Tomas- Good to see you!  Have a good day!

Bin- Nice work getting out there in the rain.

Tori- Congrats on the new title!  And on getting out there at all in that cold!

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins all!!  I'll be ducking out early today, as it's dress rehearsal at chorus tonight for Saturday's big show!  I'm lucky -- in the first half I'm playing the part of the sports editor at the newspaper.  So I get to wear khakis, a neon yellow t-shirt from my local running shop, and my VFF's.  So I will be all comfy, at least for the first half of the show!  I will be in stage makeup, though, which is thicker than spackle.  No false eyelashes for this show, though.  Now don't you all wish you sang barbershop?

Scotty -- good morning!!  I was looking for your report, because I wanted to hear what the tricks were!  I liked the clock changes.

Gustav -- have a good 5!!

Phillie -- glad your foot feels better!!

Docket -- I never work from home, I only "work" from home.  It usually involves Netflix and napping.  Go you!!

T-Rod -- good morning, and good running!!

Bin -- glad you got your wet miles in!!

Tori -- HUGE CONGRATS!!!

Zelanie -- glad your hip is better!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Zelanie

HsM- Break a leg!  Sounds very exciting!

Philliefan33

Congrats Tori!

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Scotty: enjoy the weather while it lasts!

Gus: enjoy the five. Your miles are now adding up. Smile

Phillie: it is amazing what one or two days of rest can do. I've learned that the hard way.

Docket: ten now and more later?! Beast!!

T-Rod; good to hear from you.

Bin: that sounds like NO fun!

Tori RN: congrats Smile

Zel: roll, roll, roll, and roll some more...

HM: good luck at the show

As for me, I slept in until 7:00 and now I am off for five miles with some strides. Tomorrow I will do maybe two miles, more strides, and rest. My 5k is Saturday and I am hoping to PR which is 21:33. One bit of bad news: my Bin style headband won't arrive until next week so I will still wear my gross, disgusting, sweat and salt stained hat. Smile

Docket_Rocket

Congrats, Tori!

Morning pengs!!

Introducing to you for the first time (unless you're my FB friend): Tori Marie Mowry RN! WOOT!! AHHHHH!!

I did one miles. ..(wasn't my plan)......the day before yesterday......it was mid 20's and SOOOOO WINDYYYY...it was miserable....but hey, I tried.

Going out at 11:00 with my friend....then coming home to watch my Buccos beat the Cubs at 12:35~~

I hope everyone is doing well!!

I"ll check in later!!

I took my boards last Friday and so I officially feel like I am DONE with school!! I am loving this non nursing school life!! :-) Although, I've been sore since because somehow my shoulder was out of socket! I went to chiro on Tuesday morning and I thought it was just tension from my state boards...but nope..my shoulder was out. I have no idea how that happened and it's still pretty sore but better!!

It's going to be a beautiful day in Western PA today!! EEEk!! Sunny and 53!!!!!!!!!!!!!! jf;oawe0maevmaefr[palwref;mg;erig!!!!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Bin Running

Jack, sorry to hear that. Save it for the HM then. Good luck with the 5k. I'm a believer if strides but my body seem to not like it.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar