Beginners and Beyond

How much sleep do you get and what hours do you sleep? (Read 73 times)

LRB

I never nap.

This is true of me during the week but on Saturday and Sunday after I run and ESU, I fall asleep very easily.

No more marathons

I pretty much always go to bed at 10:00-10:15 and am asleep by 10:30-11:00. I'm pretty much always up between 6:15 - 7. Week days, weekends. 

I never nap.

This ^  (Too lazy to write my own).

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

An average day, bedtime is around 10:00, up by 6:30. Going to sleep varies quite a bit more than getting up, though. Rare is the day when I'm not up by 7:00 at the latest, even when off from work.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

I generally go to bed between 10-11.  I wake up when the sun rises (no alarm, I've been like this my whole life - even in college when I'd be out partying until 2 or 3am).  This means I sleep a lot more in the winter and a lot less in the summer.  Sometimes I suffer from bad insomnia where I'll wake up at 2 or so and be completely unable to fall back asleep.  I don't generally nap but sometimes do if my allergies are really bad or if I have one of my up at 2am days.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

sheepla

I'm in bed at 9 each night and up at 4:20 each morning. I LOVE to sleep.

catwhoorg

Labrat

Normally a little over 6 hours, usually a little more on weekends.

During the week, I am heading to bed by 10, if not before.

Alarm goes off currently at 4:45.

I am permanently slightly sleep deprived. I would love to nap more than I get the chance to.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

on my way to badass

I have never had issues sleeping, except when I drink.  For the time being I have given that up.  I go to bed usually between 10 & 11.  Get up at 6-6:20(snooze button issue).  Less than 7 hours and I am pretty impossible to live with.  I will nap, especially after a long run or race.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

Cyberic

So in good phases I sleep between 7:30-8:30 per night, and in bad phases it's still usually at least 4-5 hours, and more like 6.

Woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't go back to sleep. I did eventually, but it cut my night in half. Hopefully it was an isolated event and I am not starting a bad phase.

workinprogress11

Woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't go back to sleep. I did eventually, but it cut my night in half. Hopefully it was an isolated event and I am not starting a bad phase.

Me too. I went to bed at 2am, woke up at 4 and only slept sporadically until I had to be up at 7:30. Bleh.

^this. Been up since 2:30. That seems to be the time my body likes to get me up. Sometimes to pee, sometimes with allergy problems, sometimes for no reason at all. Occasionally it lets me go back to sleep, more often not. Already been in a bad phase this week though.

Is this going to turn into the "I slept for shit last night" thread. If so it'll be the new dailies for some of us. Ugh.

P.S.: Autocorrect changed "slept" to "sleft". Well played, Apple.

Dave

catwhoorg

Labrat

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

kettledrum

During the week I generally get around 7 hours, unless I wake in the middle of the night and have problems getting back to sleep.

Go to bed a little after 11 and wake a little after 6.  I'm usually tired during the day so this tells me I need to get more sleep.  But dang it, I really need the quiet time in the evening after the kiddos go to bed.

On the weekends, if I've chosen not to run 1st thing in the morning I'll sleep in as late as the kids will allow.  My 4 yr old likes to come into our room and wake us - sometimes it's before 7, sometimes it's after 7.   No matter what we tell him, he still feels he needs to come in and tell us that he's up.

I love napping and do it frequently on the weekends 1 - 1.5 hrs a pop.

I used to fall asleep on the couch anytime between 8 and 10 pm and then wake up to go to bed around 11 or 12 pm. Lately, my husband has been going to the gym in the mornings, so we've started going to bed around 10-10:30 pm (and no falling asleep on the couch). I wake up at 5:30 am. So that's about 7-7.5 hours in bed and it doesn't take me too long to fall asleep (although my dog kicks, so it's not always restful sleep Tongue).

5k - 25:15 (11/18/12)

10k - 1:01:51 (2/14/15)

10mi - 1:33:18 (3/2/14)

HM - 2:06:12 (3/24/13)

Upcoming Races:

Benched until further notice. :/

Everything you need is already inside. [[Bill Bowerman]]