Beginners and Beyond

It's Almost the Weekend, THURSDAILIES. (Read 47 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

True. Better to run after lunch or breakfast.

Weekends I always run after breakfast. A bagel sits a whole lot better than pizza. 

Docket_Rocket

I never run after a meal.  I run either before the sun comes out (when pigs fly) or before dinner.

4 with hubby after Pilates. I cannot breathe outside. Time to switch everything to indoors.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Then again those of us crazy enough to run for 8 hours or more sometimes run during meals.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

All Comers meet.

I'm tired and feel slow!

1 mile :  suck-age never felt right - 5:13

400m : less suck-age - quads started locking up in last 100m - 60.23

5.4ish on the trails this evening, 3 of us went long and wrong, with other competitors running less? than the advertised 5 miles.

I purposely skirted wide of the finish line and clearly stated that I'd DNF.   The conversation went something like this:

Me:  "DNF, just put me at the end if you have to so no one thinks I'm still out there."

Timing guy: "I have a time for you."  *sticks my pull tag in 20th or some ridiculous shit.*

Me: "I don't want a time!"  .. and he just walked away.  I don't think I could have been much more clear.

I don't care that we went the wrong way.  It was still fun to race two guys on a similar level -- one beat me, one did not.  I do care that I purposely did not finish the race and was given a time and place against my wishes.  Lesson learned - next time refuse to turn over my pull tag and just sprint to the car.