Beginners and Beyond

Thursday Penguins on overload!! (Read 8 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

Today is Information Overload Day, which sort of applies to me.  I'm having an extremely introverted day, wishing that I could climb down a hole and pull it in after me, so the world would just leave me alone for a while.  I won't be getting that wish, though, as I'm at work and have chorus tonight.  Hoping for a quiet day at work, at least.  What's up for the rest of the igloo?

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

PADRunner

i don't go in to work until 1 so no over load yet.

90 for yesterdays trail run

67 for this mornings run.

Singer who runs a smidge

That's a pretty big temp swing!!

GinnyinPA

PAD - nice cool front.  I hope it sticks around.

HopesMom - I hope you get your quiet time today.  Maybe go for a walk and enjoy some autumn color?

AFM:  RD here, probably.  I have my annual physical and a library book sale this afternoon.

Docket_Rocket

Afternoon!  Ran 12 and have Pilates tonight.  I am tired and sleepy and woke up with a migraine.

How's that for information overload.  LOL

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

You ran 12 with a migraine???

Zelanie

I was at a training that was information underload. I sat next to my boss, so I was fine distracting myself with other work related things, but didn't have a good chance to check in. Now off to my WW meeting, then I'll run 4-5.

Hope the migraine is clearing up, D!

Buelligan

My 4 mile run was a road march today.  A snake startled me on the riverwalk, but as it turns out it was dead, so I guess I was doing better than that.  I guess.