Beginners and Beyond

Fire it up MonDAILIES (Read 33 times)

onemile

17 miles on the bike and 7 miles of running for me

No more marathons

We made a sign for him (photo on FB) about how he was a brain cancer survivor and was running his first race, and a ton of people came up and congratulated him the whole way. He really enjoyed the attention and I think it made people around him happy to hear his story. Most just high fived him, until he was too tired to high 5, and a few shared their own stories. He got a round of applause from the other finishers as he came up the ramp.

Inspiring.  We get many stories like this at work - it sure makes one appreciate all that you have.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

GinnyinPA

Z - it sounds like a good experience, at least for your Dad.

LRB - I'm with you on the Bells Two Hearted Ale. I only know one place that sometimes carries Bells, so I grab it when I can.

I like some IPAs, but not the ones that are really bitter.  Once I learned about IBUs, I was finally able to understand why I liked some IPAs and hated others. Troeg's Perpetual is the one I usually drink if I'm going for an IPA.

LRB

Z - it sounds like a good experience, at least for your Dad.

LRB - I'm with you on the Bells Two Hearted Ale. I only know one place that sometimes carries Bells, so I grab it when I can.

I like some IPAs, but not the ones that are really bitter.  Once I learned about IBUs, I was finally able to understand why I liked some IPAs and hated others. Troeg's Perpetual is the one I usually drink if I'm going for an IPA.

I was at a bar the other day and it had a million beers on tap, it was ridiculous! Thankfully, I've tried enough of them to know which ones I like and the ones I don't, which is most of them. lol

Runshortii

Zelanie - That must have been nerve wracking, but awesome you got to have that experience with him.

SRD for me.