Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #143 (Read 31 times)

Docket_Rocket

Did my tempo run on the TM and I felt like shit through it but pushed through the pace I put. Pleasantly surprised I managed it.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

Shoes. I am just about 20 weeks out from my fall goal race. The way things stand now, I will probably pull out my last pair of DS Racer 10s and either go out in a blaze of glory, or in a blaze. lol

bluerun

Super B****

Boston is apparently making a decision soon:

https://boston.cbslocal.com/2020/05/22/boston-marathon-september-coronavirus-walsh/?fbclid=IwAR0S4XxLOzzeHooV0ZiC26-f3vjWr9AJSr-WsGA5GiM1ZGAYaHS5DcLs54w

By "soon," they mean June 1 so that those who don't elect to bow out for a refund are SOL.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

GinnyinPA

Cyberic - congratulations on the new position. I hope you enjoy the work.

Just preordered a pair of Saucony Endorphin Pros.

Got my new position, and even though there is no raise associated with it, I felt like celebrating!

Congrats! IDK if it is completely unrelated to your old position, but the “clean sheet of paper” is an amazing feeling, which I’ve really only had a few times in my career. A ton of different positions, but most carried the baggage of the previous one.

Dave

Cyberic

Congrats! IDK if it is completely unrelated to your old position, but the “clean sheet of paper” is an amazing feeling, which I’ve really only had a few times in my career. A ton of different positions, but most carried the baggage of the previous one.

Same company, so there will be a transition period in which I'm still helping out in my current (old) position and taking a bigger and bigger chunk of the new position as time goes on. But once the transition is complete, it will pretty much be a clean slate.

I'm currently a software developer, and got a position that did not exist in my company of security architect, and not indin the development sector as they already have software architects. My playground will be software deployment in the cloud, local servers, employee devices, firewalls, ... not on the operational level but to make the whole thing make sense together instead of everyone making their own decisions (doing their best) without a global outlook on things.

I am getting too old and slow to be a (good) software developer.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Rest day today. Had to run into work for something this afternoon and then had a meeting from 2:30-4.

Cyberic, congrats on the new position.

onemile

Congrats Cyber!

sdWhiskers

Thanks

<high tech race day shoe>

I like your optimism 

KCRuns

Just preordered a pair of Saucony Endorphin Pros.

Got my new position, and even though there is no raise associated with it, I felt like celebrating!

Congratulations on the new position! New shoes are a fantastic way to celebrate!

Cyberic

I like your optimism 

They'll probably sit there for quite a while Smile