Beginners and Beyond

Warm & Humid FriDailies (Read 19 times)

Oatmeal dried cranberry white chocolate chip cookies, fresh out of the oven. Yum.

Dave

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

I got to run during a break in the rain.  It's now raining hard with some sleet and high winds - just in time for the kid to walk home from school...

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
      10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: RunAPalooza (Asbury Park) HM, 4/6; Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27

sdWhiskers

5 miles + 20 min upper body strength. It's sunny and high almost 70F so I can't relate to most of this thread. Hopefully no one loses power (or Baboon fixes it quickly) and everyone stays safe.

This is from earlier this week:

sdWhiskers

Same here. Also, why should the trash people kill themselves for you? The trash will survive.

And also, I wouldn't want everyone's trash cans out during a crazy windy storm.

sdWhiskers

Oatmeal dried cranberry white chocolate chip cookies, fresh out of the oven. Yum.

Mmmm I have peanut butter cookies on tap for later. Santa likes those best.

Half Crazy K 2.0

And also, I wouldn't want everyone's trash cans out during a crazy windy storm.

Even better,  recycling containers wirh no lid in wind storms. I've had to clean the field behind our house way too many times. It's not even ours.

More fun on the FB community page. How are the sidewalks in (X) area? ICE. How are the streets in (Y) area? ICE. Are you starting to pick up on a theme, people??

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Apparently, supermarkets, Walmart, Target, etc. are open. So people are asking how "full" are these places. Meanwhile one person in my old neighborhood posted a video of the bad winds removing sidings on her side wall and saying her house is trembling from the winds. But hey, let's go shopping.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

More fun on the FB community page. How are the sidewalks in (X) area? ICE. How are the streets in (Y) area? ICE. Are you starting to pick up on a theme, people??

Hete people like to go to FB to post about power outages, but don't bother to actually report it to the power company.  Also saw a "do you have water" post. No clue if that got reported.

Docket_Rocket

We have people asking if others have water. Mostly frozen pipes. Yikes.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

6 on the treadmill and upper body strength.

Docket, here the water questions are likely tied to the never ending construction. I hadn't been n the one road in a week or so  and it was a mess this morning. Lot of uneven pavement.