Beginners and Beyond

Saturdailies have to start sometime. (Read 35 times)

delicate flower

Heh, second place in my AG was 15 minutes behind me.

<3

sdWhiskers

Race on the Base 5k this morning. Was 36 degrees just before the start but thankfully much less wind than last night...or I would have died.  Coldest running weather for me in probably 8 years! Came close to a PR with 26:01, missed by 13 seconds. Ended up 3rd AG and 16th overall female out of 1150 finishers. Weak field though since it was also a 5k walk, 10k run and triathlon.

Every time I do a 5k, I swear it's the last time...but then I sign up for more.

Half Crazy K 2.0

3.7 on the treadmill. DIdn't feel like dealing with the drizzle outside for a short easy run.

sdWhiskers, Baboon and ROS, nice racing!

sdWhiskers

Hey gang!

I ran the Mesa-Phx HM today and scored a major PR!!!! Last PR was last Oct at a 2:01 (down from 2:05). This race was a 1:54:25!!!!! I am elated. Cried like a big baby at the end, and then devoured the most delicious french toast on this green earth (thank you, race director, for coordinating that!). They also had a TON of massage therapists at the end, so I scored myself a 10-15min long massage! It was perfect. I had to laugh at Docket, Dave & Whiskers (was there anyone else?) for the "kill me now" comment, as my alarm went off at 2:50am for this morning's race, and I was having similar feelings. *yawn* I see a nap in my future! Can't wait to hear about everyone else's runs and races!

Awesome!!! You've been working so hard, glad to see it paying off!

sdWhiskers

Mass start speed skating? Wtf?

KCRuns

Congrats ROS, Baboon and Sd, Nice racing today!

16 miles with my SIL. 46 for the week, my highest since September.

Coastal

Congrats ROS, Baboon and Sd, Nice racing today!

+1

ROS:  Way to go!

Today turned out to be a rest day.  Volunteered at the Three Capes marathon relay.  Glad I wore my long underwear and took my heavy insulated waterproof gloves.  Rain, hail, sleet, snow, with strong wind, then sunshine.  It was cold for those of us standing around.  The runners were doing OK once the precip tapered off as the temps were around 40 - 44.  There were a great many smiles and lots of laughter.  They were having a lot of fun.  Had some errands to run afterwards and didn't have time to get in a run.