Beginners and Beyond

Friday the Fourth (Read 48 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

DH and I went out to dinner at a newish Mexican restaurant. OK food, really slow service. Did a really easy 30 on the treadmill afterwards and an upper body & core DVD.

From the Internet.

That sucks. How is hubby about it, any better than last time?

He's the dog person in the family, so it's a much more supportive situation this time around. He's bummed too so we're very much on the same page right now.

Docket_Rocket

I am sorry, Lauren.  Hugs.

Ran only 4 after Pilates. Super busy at work and didn't have time today (nor did I want to run at all).

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

DH and I went out to dinner at a newish Mexican restaurant. OK food, really slow service. Did a really easy 30 on the treadmill afterwards and an upper body & core DVD.

Wow! That's almost a 50K. You're close to an ultra! 

onemile

I ran 10 with

5x1mile at 10k, 90 sec recoveries
            4x200m, w/ 200m jog

on the treadmill. We're getting a little more snow tonight. But spring starts on Sunday.

I have been dreading this workout all week. The last two miles 

I ran 10 with

4x200m, w/ 200m jog

on the treadmill. We're getting a little more snow tonight. But spring starts on Sunday.

FFS. You basically ran a 10k and threw in some 200's at the end.

Dave

workinprogress11

Even though it's now the 5th I ran 4 on the 4th.

Lauren, I'm sorry about your dog.

Cyberic

I ran 10 with

4x200m, w/ 200m jog

5x1mile at 10k, 90 sec recoveries ?

I sometimes do 5 x 5 minutes at 10K, 3 minutes recovery, but then I feel deeply tired for the rest of the day. That workout of yours is a killer.

onemile

5x1mile at 10k, 90 sec recoveries ?

I sometimes do 5 x 5 minutes at 10K, 3 minutes recovery, but then I feel deeply tired for the rest of the day. That workout of yours is a killer.

Yeah it seemed kind of ridiculous to me and I was really intimidated by it. I kind of cheated by running it on the treadmill (it seems a little easier when I let the treadmill do the pacing and stop checking my watch and just try to keep up) but either way I couldn't have run it faster. I tried upping the pace to 6:36 after the first two and started getting side stitches. I managed that pace for the last two but then I had a coughing fit between the last two intervals and was having a hard time catching my breath and had a pretty bad side stitch in the last one.  So while the paces are questionable, I ran it as hard as I could manage so hopefully that's good enough.

Cyberic

So while the paces are questionable, I ran it as hard as I could manage so hopefully that's good enough.

You bet!