Beginners and Beyond

No Wakerife Wednesday Penguins Today! (Read 33 times)

GinnyinPA

HopesMom - leftover meatloaf.

I did four miles, and it felt hard.  After not doing any hills for the past month or more, 350' elev. gain felt a lot harder than it used to.

Dad on the run.

I think we are having pizza and cheese bread followed by some white chocolate dipped oreos for desert. Not the pre dipped, but dipped ourselves Smile

Also just received confirmation from Clever Training that my watch has shipped!!

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

on my way to badass

Roasted chicken here w/stir fried cabbage. I'm having some Captn.Morgan before dinner. Ginny-I bet in a couple of weeks you won't remember how hard those hills were.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

Singer who runs a smidge

Looks like our quartet is going to a different restaurant than the usual.  I'm thinking maybe turkey, stuffing, and gravy on an open-faced Texas toast sandwich.  Hey, I missed all the Thanksgiving turkey, so I'm craving!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

SheCan

Afternoon penguins!

Scotty-- ohoh, that sounds like a fun run today!  Love your new profile picture.  Thankfully, las tnight I wasn't as wakerife as I'd been for the previous few nights.

Zel- brrrrr, that's way too cold!  You need to move south.

obie-- you're just a hardcore snow cat.  Some of us are wimps about the cold!

hopesMom-- got my fingers crossed for you that you dont' have to go through any more of that not being well stuff, and boy, am I'm glad you don't have any of those nasty, nasty illnesses.!

docket-- I'm sorry you'll have to have the surgery, but you really need to get this pain taken care of so you can go on.

Ginny-- I wouldn't think you'd need the c25k program.  Although you haven't been running, steady lately, you probably still have some residual fitness left, and will adjust much faster then a total newby.

I did 3 easy today, and will probably take the next few days off.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Leftover pizza and beer tonight.  We buy 2 for 1 Barnabys pizza on Monday.  Nice change from leftover turkey.

Just finished 9 mile run on the bike path ahead of the big cold front.  Finished in the dark, so lucky we didn't go farther.  Walk/Run, about 30 sec every mile.

Philliefan33

Late to the party, but this might be my new normal.

DR -  too bad you need surgery, but it's probably worth it to get rid of the pain.

HsM --  did the rash start after you were on antibiotics?  If so, have you been tested for good old fashioned mono?  When DD2 was sick for a long stretch in HS, they finally gave her antibiotics and told us to look for a rash, which would indicate mono.  (Turns out she had pneumonia)

Scotty, Jerry, Awood, and anyone else in the middle..bundle up!  Ginger Zee says the temps are plunging.

For me, 7 miles done this afternoon. I had only planned on 6, but was feeling good so went a little farther.

obiebyke

I had an awesome 4 in the snow. The plows are out, but so was I! It was really challenging with having to step higher and with the stickiness and depth of the snow sucking me downward. Plus I'm sure my gait changes wearing Yaktrax. I got a good workout. I passed a pair of other runners and said, "Kinda fun, right?!" They didn't agree. Big grin

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Docket_Rocket

Roasted chicken here w/stir fried cabbage. I'm having some Captn.Morgan before dinner. Ginny-I bet in a couple of weeks you won't remember how hard those hills were.

What do you add to the stir fried cabbage?  I am having fried chicken, potato salad, coleslaw, and whatever sounds like a BBQ meal.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

And thanks, guys.  Really appreciated.

3.5 miles just because there was pain today.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

obiebyke

Docket, in my bliss I forgot to say I'm so sorry you're in pain. I hope the surgery fixes it for good. You're amazing.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

hog4life

Docket, sorry to hear about the surgery. Do you have a timeframe picked yet of when to get it done?

More night shifts = Sad

on my way to badass

Damaris- Cabbage was actually steamed with ginger and garlic and then I put some bottled stir fry sauce, soy sauce, and sesame oil in it.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

Singer who runs a smidge

HsM --  did the rash start after you were on antibiotics?  If so, have you been tested for good old fashioned mono?  When DD2 was sick for a long stretch in HS, they finally gave her antibiotics and told us to look for a rash, which would indicate mono.  (Turns out she had pneumonia)

Nope, the rash was well before antibiotics -- in fact, they gave me antibiotics in case it was Lyme disease, until they got back the labs that said it wasn't Lyme.  And yeah, my mono test was negative.  So it does seem to have just been a bad reaction to an anti-inflammatory.  Hopefully the last of my rash clears up soon, but I'm definitely feeling much more myself.

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.