Beginners and Beyond

Weekend Penguins (Read 21 times)

From the Internet.

Morning pens!

Heading out for a few rainy miles soon, going away party this afternoon where I will consume beer and snacks and be merry.

11 with 4 at MP yesterday - mile warmup, ~8:48 average for the MP block right before meeting up with my club and felt great, the remaining 6 with club were easy effort and mid-9's for pace so I'm super happy with that!

Jill.

Penguin Power!

LRB - all of my shoes are the same, but I'll go with my "blue" pair which should have about 80 miles on them as of marathon morning.  Ride 6 is where it is at.  I have kinvara 5s too but I haven't done anything long in them at all.

Today DH has expressed interest in running with me, so probably something really short with him later.  Maybe I'll do 3 and then meet him for a bit more.  He hasn't really run in months since the half marathon disaster.  He's maybe run 10 miles in total since May.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

LRB

Ride 6 is where it is at.

Word.

Good luck to hubby.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Perfect day for running in the forest preserve, except for all of the leaves covering the path, and people standing on the path looking at the leaves.

GinnyinPA

I waited on my run until the sun started to come out mid-afternoon.  I like getting glimpses of sunshine and blue sky on an otherwise wet day.  It ended up being 11.4 miles.  I had intended to go to the mountains and run one of the forest roads so I could do some leaf peeping, but didn't especially want to do it in the mud.  There were some groves of trees behind the fields, so I got some pretty color.

Lauren - I hope your run went well.  Yesterday's sounds like a really good one.

Jill - I hope your run with DH was a good one.  Is he feeling a bit envious of your upcoming marathon?

Jerry - those leaves can be slippery, especially if there are acorns underneath.

Margo - congratulations on toughing it out until it became easier.

Zelanie

Ginny, I've been doing extra stuff for weight watchers because I'm training to be a leader. For the last 3 years, I've only been a receptionist.

Zelanie

Brilliant,  how did the race go? I've ran a 10 miler twice, and it felt much more like a HM than a 10k. I hope that you had a good race!

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Ginny, it was dry today, but it is difficult in some places to see the center line or the edge of the asphalt path.