Beginners and Beyond

Bad ass Image: Mt Everest (Read 527 times)

@runjerseygirl

Breathtaking.  Thank you for sharing. Smile

Do you even run?

catwhoorg

Labrat

Thanks for that link Sly.

Awesome picture to see

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Really nice,thanks for sharing!

It is even more impressive seeing it in person.  If you get a chance to go, then do!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Stop N Go

Zoomed out, it's hard to see what all the fuss is about.  Then I started zooming in, holy crap!

Thanks for the picture!!

5k PR Oct 2012 - 23:20

5k Goal 2013 - 21:5x

Jess runs for bacon

Really nice,thanks for sharing!

It is even more impressive seeing it in person.  If you get a chance to go, then do!

Did you go see it?????

I've always wanted to go, but I'm always scared that I'll be too tempted to just climb it. That might end badly. Plus it costs like 90 grand to get on a good team.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Cool stuff.  Sheesh, base camp is like a city of tents. 

You are not kidding there.  'Base camp' goes on for a long way and there is a break and way of to the lower right is a town w/ blue roofs.

Philliefan33

Did everyone notice the prayer flags strung around base camp?  Very cool!

Love the Half

I heard the guy who created this image talking about it on NPR the other day. An amazing technical achievement; I can't imagine the time it must have taken to seamlessly stitch all of those smaller images together, and calibrate the lighting, etc.

Apparently, if you zoom into the right areas, you can see climbers on the mountain.

I heard that story as well and had to check it out when I got home.  Wasn't it something like 600 images?

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

Anomalous

Beautiful!

Half Fanatic  #3091  ~   Marathon debut: 11/16/13 Anthem Richmond Marathon

"Run from what’s comfortable. Forget safety. Live where you fear to live. Destroy your reputation. Be notorious." - Rumi

Nasreddin Hoja

A screen grab from the photo...

A section of the Khumbu Icefall.  You can see the ladder across.  This is kinda scary as you hear the glacier move.  There's another glacier one ridge away that feeds the Ganges. That one is pretty scary too.

Docket_Rocket

Thanks for sharing.  Love it.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Karen M

Impressive!

Marathons are habit-forming...

"I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength."

Philippians 4:13, NLT

Luke79

Thanks for sharing.  Pretty cool to space out to for a bit.

That is very cool.  Cool

sugnim

Cool.  Thanks for sharing.  There is almost a 360 degree view there, and you can even look straight up.